LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pics of ported heads next to intake gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default pics of ported heads next to intake gaskets

my engine spun a bearing, so i got a new one (well, 100k on it but new to me). nothing is wrong with the old heads or intake manifold. just for $hits and giggles, i wanna try to port them while i am away at school. can someone send me (pm, email, or post) pics of their intake manifold gaskets matched up with their ported heads and also the exhaust manifold gaskets matched up to the heads? also if anyone has ported their intake manifold can you send pics of your ported intake manifold to your intake manifold gasket? and if anyone has any warnings or helpful hints DIY porting please post them. the money i spent on the new (100k) engine was supposed to be for a cam, and id like to be able to say for all the money i spent on this thing this summer i got SOME power increase. my email is slip2586@yahoo.com

thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my best diy advice is don't do anymore than gasket match. Ive wasted alot trying to do it myself. While it was a great learning experience though.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can gasket match the heads using an intake manifold gasket and bolts to mark the head. To do the intake manifold you will need a long block and bolt the intake on the heads to see where it lines up after it's torqued down. Mark your intake and then shape and port. On a LTx manifold there really isn't too much shaping though. If you are going to do it off the car the only thing you can do it line up an intake gasket with the bolts again and mark it like the heads and hope they match up when you bolt it together.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

thanks for the responses guys, gasket matching is all im looking to do. i wish i could find a CAD or Inventor drawing of LTx heads cuz then i could see all of the internal clearances so i dont go too far.