Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Certified Vehicle Appraisal

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Certified Vehicle Appraisal

Hey guys I need a certified vehicle appraisal so I can get agreed upon value with my insurance company. Can you or do you know a place local that can do this? I realize it will prob cost a little bit of money... I called Classic Chevrolet and they told me they don't do it. This will be on my 1984 Monte Carlo SS so I don't know if the appraiser needs to be familiar with classic cars or not. I'm not looking for an obscene amount or anything, just near what I think its worth, what they are going for, and what i have into it. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Just did it myself.
1)Look in your local yellow pages for an established dealership that sells Sports Cars, Corvettes, Porsche early/late, Classics,etc.

2) Ask for the Dealer Principal, or General / Sales Mgr. & let them know what's what, the ride you have, and how much you've added to it.
That the insurance company won't insure you for replacement value without it.
Ask if they'd give you an estimate on what they'd sell it for. Remember, they'r the ones selling a '93 Cadillac Alante Convertible for like $18000 or more...lol
(*Remember that add on's are maybe actually worth approx .50 cents on the dollar).

3) If dealer will work with you, don't forget that you'll never hesitate to recommend their dealer to people interested in extraordinary cars), ask him when you may stop buy, and ask him how much only after you get there.
(Easier for them to tell you any price on the phone, they may do it for free like my place did when I showed up).

4) Call your actual Insurance company, then your agent and ask if they need the phone number of the place your getting your stated value appraisal from. Also get the name of the people who you spoke with.

5) Go to your agent with your ride to be upgraded with the appraisal in hand, and they will now take pics of your car to submit with the appraisal.
Best regards & Best of Luck.....
Old 08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

so where did you go?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

in Boca Raton....if you want to take that kind of ride, pm me.....
Btw, YW

Quick Reply: Certified Vehicle Appraisal