Sponsored by:

Drive By Wire questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive By Wire questions...

OK,

So they finally brought me the pedal with the DBW module on it. I don't see any connectors on the engine that would connect to it. Do I need to make the connector for this part? I thought there would just be a part of the engine harness that would plug into the pedal through the firewall. This is a 2005 silverado motor and pedal setup, out of the same truck. I have the under hood fusebox as well, if that helps.

Orlando
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The pedal plugs into the TAC module. The TAC module is plugged into the engine wiring harness. There's an 06 wiring diagram on the link below.
I think most 03-06 are similar.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=71
Old 08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

OK, I am becoming more and more worried that I am missing lots of stuff. I have the engine harness, and under hood fuse box. For the most part the only connectors I see not connected are the ones people call C2, C100, C152, and then a few odds and ends like the 4 O2 sensors, etc. I don't see any big harness that would plug into a TAC unit, nor do I see anything that looks like a TAC when I do a search on google. So the question is, is the TAC bolted to the motor? If not where is it, seems I am missing parts yet again. GRRRRRRR

Orlando
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

The TAC module is a black box approx 4" x 5" with two different female connectors on one of the long sides. The DBW control plug on the engine wiring harness connects into one of these female connectors, and into the other connector plugs a cable approx. 12"-18" long that then plugs into the pedal. Any parts place that you are going to buy the TAC module from should also supply you with this short cable as well...

Last edited by frojoe; 08-06-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Well,

I will call the yard again as I was promised the pedal and the module that went with it. I hope to still be able to get it.

Orlando
Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I picked up my 5.3 with DBW the salvage guy and I looked everywhere on the donor vehicle to find the TAC module. Couldn't find it. He finally gave me one from a pickup.

When I read the Helms manual I discovered that on my donor, which was a 2005 GMC Envoy (same as Trailblazer) the module is built in to the TCM, (transmission control module). Lesson is that not all DBW vehicles have a separate module.

The Envoy gas pedal was a huge hunk due to the pedal adjustment feature and under-dash space is at a premium in my BMW so I finally stripped it down and mounted it in the engine compartment and activate it with the original BMW cable. I had to extend the wires which went through a body harness connector but it works great. Sort of drive-by-cable/drive-by-wire.

The Geezer
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Do you have a pic of your gas pedal setup?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2007 Silverado 5.3 is the same. I also learned there is no separate module for the pedal. I just got my harness back from mods so I yet to find out if everything plugs in but here's hoping. Sent the separate throttle harness and the engine harness and he sent back one complete harness.

Quick Reply: Drive By Wire questions...