View Full Version : Universal Technical Institute... Drug Testing...

junkindatrunkmx6
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a cousin who is going to UTI with me... and I just filled him in on the drug testing policy... We're starting pretty soon... and we're just wondering what exactly they do. Is it a private urinary deal or what?

Not that he's worried about failing or anything:secret2:. The idea just aroused our curiosity.:nod: Thanks a lot.

Pipelayaz
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Well if your clean you have nothing to worry about right? I just got done being with "penis patrol" about 2 weeks ago and I had to be that guy that watches you take a piss... if they do it like the military you have to piss in a cup while somone watches you. I doubt they will do a hair test since thats more expensive to do.

junkindatrunkmx6
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah I don't know how strict they are, I'm not thinking that they are TOO crazy...
Anybody go to UTI???

intense3123
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
They will only test if they are suspicious. One guy got kicked out the whole time I was there. He came in to school at 6 in the morning wreeking of hard alcohol. So they drug tested him too and he was out.

junkindatrunkmx6
08-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow really? Somebody told me that they drug test everybody right in the beginning...
That's a relief.

Black01M6SS
08-07-2008, 01:12 AM
I graduated a couple years ago. Very few people got drug tested while I was there. They called the drug testing "random" but I think they only tested people that they suspected. I had a few friends that smoked pot the whole time they were in school and never got tested. Just don't go to school fucked up.

Built LT1
08-07-2008, 01:52 AM
If you come back clean they may not accept you. Just drink some alcohol the night before and show them you're not too good for their program.

ls1kraut
08-07-2008, 02:00 AM
you going to the avondale campus?

drug testing is done at random, but the entire time I've been there I've only seen 3 in my classroom over 9 months, and usually they just pull 1-3 people from each class. they do not test upon admission. I know of two people that got hit, but I hang out with a lot of the school's stoner crowd. They use mouth swab tests, and you'll know when your being tested because you'll get a slip at the start of class telling you to go to some random classroom, so pop in some chew or chug some scope or do whatever you have to do when you get that slip!

if you do get busted, first offense is a re-phase (re-take the 3 week class) and you take some gay class over the weekend. second is the same with a 6 week vacation, and third is termination...but i've never heard of anybody getting hit 3 times.

junkindatrunkmx6
08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks a lot man. I appreciate all the info. Yes, I'm going to the Avondale campus.

ihavesomequestionsyo
12-09-2010, 03:15 PM
What is UTI's policy on medical marijuana cards? My ADD gets REALLY bad if i dont have thcv in my system. If i get my medical card would it be an acception to their drug policy? or would i get kicked the fuck out. someone help me please, im trying to be top of my class, and with ADD thats nearly impossible:confused:. Thanks!

180ls1
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
What is UTI's policy on medical marijuana cards? My ADD gets REALLY bad if i dont have thcv in my system. If i get my medical card would it be an acception to their drug policy? or would i get kicked the fuck out. someone help me please, im trying to be top of my class, and with ADD thats nearly impossible:confused:. Thanks!

Just be upfront with them and explain what is going on, i am sure they will understand.

BLK85
12-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Why would a college drug test people? This just sounds stupid to me. Really why does it matter if someone does drugs if it doesnt affect anyone else?

Tainted
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I think that is so stupid. i can go get WASTED on booze and kill myself but god lord in heaven almighty save my soul for smoking that joint the night before. As long as you dont come to work/school fucked up it shouldnt matter, its your life and time, not theirs.

ihavesomequestionsyo
12-09-2010, 05:44 PM
thanks a ton for the advice!

Jon5212
12-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Interesting... so, you are PAYING a college to attend... and they can random drug test you and kick you out. Very interesting.

FLP
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Interesting... so, you are PAYING a college to attend... and they can random drug test you and kick you out. Very interesting.

I am going to guess that the reason they do this is to protect everyone in the shop. More chances to forget to do something if you are high/drunk.

I do know that if you get into a program like BMW/Mercedes/VW that everyone is required to take a drug test on the first day.

cgroh89
12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Its a Trade School, not a college.

Anniversary "Z"
12-10-2010, 10:45 AM
If your future is important theeeeeen don't do something that might get you kicked out of school :thumb: If you can't figure that out on your own then maybe higher education really isn't for you.

And if you can't figure out why they might feel the need to do these tests watch the video. Sure accidents happen but minimizing them is the name of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFGr_mkQaA&feature=player_embedded#t=28s

killa in progress
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
i got here now its totally radom or for people who come to school high but i havent got tested and im almost done

S2K
12-10-2010, 06:35 PM
While I was at NTI, I only ever heard of one count of drug testing. Which was after a "pipe" was found in the Auto Trans lab. Ended up being the teachers apparently haha. I did just start the Volvo MSAT on Nov. 15 and we had to go take drug test the first day. Pee test. No big deal though for me as I have never been involved in drugs.

But like people said, it's only supposed to be random or if they think you are messed up. So now it's up to you: stop and not have to worry about it, or just don't go in messed up and hope you don't get hit with a random.

P.S. - You need to take me for a ride! I left my Camaro back in Tennessee, and I'm missing it haha.

SSilverSSurfer
12-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Just buy the whizanator! Does wonders

67RSCamaroVette
12-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Drug testing wouldnt be any benefit to them.. youd have to be on drugs to go there.

NBS454
08-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Has anyone gone to the campus in sac california and would have any insight on how random they drug test? Is it the same as other campus's where they most likely test you from suspicion. Or does a crazy hair grow up their ass and one day they ramdonly test? Please help i start september 10th and i just cheifed the other night.

firebird99
08-31-2012, 02:26 PM
If your worried about getting caught then you have already decided that doing drugs is more important then your schooling since your not willing to stop so IMO do want you want just don't cry when you get kicked and lose out on the money spent.

my bandit
08-31-2012, 03:33 PM
If your worried about getting caught then you have already decided that doing drugs is more important then your schooling since your not willing to stop so IMO do want you want just don't cry when you get kicked and lose out on the money spent.

exactly. if you wanna go to school so bad, dont smoke and youll have nothing to worry about.

justin455
08-31-2012, 09:47 PM
If you come back clean they may not accept you. Just drink some alcohol the night before and show them you're not too good for their program.

Survey says.....number 1 answer!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/RichardDawsonFamilyFeud.jpg

King Nothing
03-08-2013, 11:38 PM
This has to be a fuckin with people post right??? It's a trade school gettin students ready to work in the automotive, diesel, colision and several other industries where the medical marijuana card is not recognized for anything but showing you are a druggy.

Tainted
03-08-2013, 11:58 PM
This has to be a fuckin with people post right??? It's a trade school gettin students ready to work in the automotive, diesel, colision and several other industries where the medical marijuana card is not recognized for anything but showing you are a druggy.

Did you really bring back this old ass dead thread just to say that?

King Nothing
03-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Did you really bring back this old ass dead thread just to say that?
Yep cause the medical marijuana card is a joke to most employers unless you work for Starbucks

2000***camaro***ss
03-09-2013, 12:30 AM
yay for pot

'WHEELS'
03-09-2013, 12:36 AM
fucking budweiser black crowns FTW. anybody else tried them? 6% and MUCH more delicious than the comparable bud light platinums.

King Nothing
03-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Don't think I've tried one of those yet, I'm more a Guinness man myself but I'll have to give that one a try

justin455
03-09-2013, 12:41 AM
fucking budweiser black crowns FTW. anybody else tried them? 6% and MUCH more delicious than the comparable bud light platinums.

Not a beer drinker, but my cousin just posted on Facebook that he tried it tonight and really enjoyed it. He said it tastes like a mix of regular bud and amberboch. He also said that the cool ranch taco from Taco Bell was a let down.

Tainted
03-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Fuck booze yay weed

'WHEELS'
03-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Holy fuck I barely remember going on my drunken ls1tech rage last night. Pretty damn funny reading the posts I made

badformulaLS1
03-09-2013, 10:06 AM
I thought everyone knew that this school is a waste of money.

Tainted
03-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Holy fuck I barely remember going on my drunken ls1tech rage last night. Pretty damn funny reading the posts I made

You at least remembered to give bonequisha a tip though right?

'WHEELS'
03-09-2013, 10:10 AM
I gave her a tip alright

tjwashow
03-09-2013, 10:17 AM
true just open your own mexi muffler shop, youll make more anyways. and then you can pay minimum wage to an illegal.

King Nothing
03-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I thought everyone knew that this school is a waste of money.
To people that don't want to work in the industry yeah it is . . . me on the other say it is the best money I've spent in life. I work in an industry made possible through what I've learned at UTI

justin455
03-09-2013, 11:17 AM
^ you don't say?

King Nothing
03-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Yep I do :)

Super Speed
03-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Just get drunk and chew tobacco like all the rest of the rednecks would want you to do!

Drug testing is a complete f*cking joke! You can easily pass urine tests (substitution) or even hair follicle tests (look it up)...

DrEvyl
03-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Man I'm glad I live where pot is legal.

Tainted
03-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Man I'm glad I live where pot is legal.

Got room for company? Jibby told me id be to bad of an influence and the paint would peel off his walls :(

DrEvyl
03-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Got room for company? Jibby told me id be to bad of an influence and the paint would peel off his walls :(

Hey, if you're ever in Seattle, I'll burn one with ya. No joke.

King Nothing
03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
most jobs don't recognize the legal MJ card, something to think about. unless you plan on working at starbucks they don't give a shit

Tainted
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Hey, if you're ever in Seattle, I'll burn one with ya. No joke.

I'll be in Hoqiam before too long. bout 2 hrs west of seattle, i'll have to come by and drag my dad along so he can see all the terrible things I do :lol:

most jobs don't recognize the legal MJ card, something to think about. unless you plan on working at starbucks they don't give a shit

I do my own business, I clean residential homes so I doubt any of my current clients care, especially considering all the weed shit ive cleaned out before.

DrEvyl
03-12-2013, 11:06 AM

Depends on your line of work... in IT/Software... if they fired everyone who couldn't pass a drug test they'd lose half their staff. Most of the tech companies out here don't give a crap about pot. Hell, there's a guy from Microsoft who is in line to open a weed store here once the law is fully implemented.. he says his goal is to be the "Neiman Marcus of Marijuana".

I personally think if you have a job that does not involve a life / death risk, there's absolutely no viable reason for you to be drug tested.

Tainted
03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
I personally think if you have a job that does not involve a life / death risk, there's absolutely no viable reason for you to be drug tested.

couldnt agree more. in fact last time I read something about marijuana and its usage they claim that roughly 58% of americans smoke so if everyone had to pass a drug test over half of america would be unemployed :lol:

I enver got tested when I worked for the city either, they said it was the least of their concerns only catch is if youre high on the job or they suspect it you can be tested and will be fired. but I dont think anyone should be stoned or getting high at work anyways.

DrEvyl
03-12-2013, 11:10 AM
I'll be in Hoqiam before too long. bout 2 hrs west of seattle, i'll have to come by and drag my dad along so he can see all the terrible things I do :lol:

Yep, my GF and I like to go to Oceans Shores, so I've been through there many a time. Maybe by then I'll actually have my Formula stored at home, who knows. Gotta clean out my freakin garage first.

Tainted
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Yep, my GF and I like to go to Oceans Shores, so I've been through there many a time. Maybe by then I'll actually have my Formula stored at home, who knows. Gotta clean out my freakin garage first.

well I do home cleaning for work, if I come visit I'll clean that shit for a green fee :nod:

King Nothing
03-12-2013, 11:46 AM
I do my own business, I clean residential homes so I doubt any of my current clients care, especially considering all the weed shit ive cleaned out before.
which is why i said most :D
Depends on your line of work... in IT/Software... if they fired everyone who couldn't pass a drug test they'd lose half their staff. Most of the tech companies out here don't give a crap about pot. Hell, there's a guy from Microsoft who is in line to open a weed store here once the law is fully implemented.. he says his goal is to be the "Neiman Marcus of Marijuana".

everyone reacts differently to the drug, i know though i wouldn't want to work with someone driving forklift, or operating any type of machine who is stoned

DrEvyl
03-12-2013, 12:03 PM
everyone reacts differently to the drug, i know though i wouldn't want to work with someone driving forklift, or operating any type of machine who is stoned

I would file that under a situation that involves life/death/grave injury. But you're talking about someone coming to work stoned. I don't think there are many people that have a problem with laws against people being at work stoned. I'm thinking more of the guy that comes to work flat sober, and goes home after work and smokes out, then comes back the next day sober again.

But yeah, some people would have a harder time handling that than others.

94 White T/A
03-12-2013, 12:30 PM

^exactly. My dad is a network engineer for Kaiser and they are strict about drug testing, but only if you show signs. But there is a life/death involvement with him, if something big goes down so does their medical equipment