Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to hook sail panel speakers to deck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to hook sail panel speakers to deck?

I have a 93 TA with 6 speakers. I hooked up the deck awhile ago and never realized the sail panel (rearseat) speakers arent working. Only the doors and hatch area speakers work. The wires from the sail panels dont go to the deck so im assuming they go to the amp by the spare tire? How would I hook them up to an after market deck??
Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Ok i cant figure this out, I dont have an amp in my spare tire area so i dont know where the wires go from the sail panel speakers. I took out the sail panel speaker on the driver side to find the color of the wires. One is green w white and the other is blue with a white stripe. Where do these wires go??
Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

anyone??
Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

why dont you have an amp in the spare tire area? someone remove it?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

its a 93 early 4th gen they put them under the sail panel speaker on the pass side. I just want to know how to by-pass the amp so the sail panel speakers will work.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inorder to by-pass the speakers on this system you have to run new wires to them. Or you can pick up the signal prior to the amp. You would have to see which wires are running from the stock harness on the back of the CD player to the amp and use those wires prior to the amp somewhere (either at the back of the radio or at the amp) to get a signal by splicing into those. Why don't your sail panel speakers work? Is your amp not working properly or is it something else. The earlier version of the Monsoon system, like what you have, still sends bass only from the sails and not full range sound so they may be working but since you are not hearing any midrange/highs it may be harder to detect sound coming from that area, especially if those speakers are not working properly or you/someone has replaced them with coaxial speakers.