Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where is the most popular place to mount a sirius radio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the most popular place to mount a sirius radio?

Hey guys. I was busy today installing a new cd player, amp, sub, and sat radio in my trans am. When the time came to pick a location for my sirius receiver, I couldn't find a good spot. I thought about putting it near the rearview mirror, but it kind of blocks my view and I don't like the wires hanging down. I tried to mount it on the dash but my double sided tape wouldn't hold the weight even after cleaning the dash very well. I think that I will end up putting it in the dash in the spot where the traction control switch is located. I will move that switch to the ashtray. I just wondered if anyone else has run into this problem. Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a special mount from Panavise. Real easy to install and looks good.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Launching!

I use the Pioneer XM module in my T/A. Completely invisible installation, and no reception problems.

I put the receiver under (yes, under) the dash (under the big piece closest to the window, it is attached with velcro).
I put the box behind the passenger side kick-panel (plenty of space behind it up front).
Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 PM

Thanks guys. I thought about a mount like in your pic cheap guy but didn't know where to get it. My sirius unit looks different than yours but I will check out their site and see what they got.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Teching In

might be to late to suggest upgrading to a hardwire unit that is if your head unit will do that. I just wired my g/f's grand prix up with xm the other week and it is plug and play with the head unit and everything hides were every you like and the only thing to run that you see the antenna and the head unit contorls it just like fm or am. I know sirius has the same set up but it really is up to you if want to spend a little more and if your head unit is sat ready.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

you can get the bracket custom fit for your car from any circuit city for around $20 and it will work with any radio, just make sure to hardwire it for a clean install
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted mine in my trash barrel, but my trash guy stole it