Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Finally in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally in the shop

Well peeps, I finally got Colonel to help me haul me car to the shop . I'm lookin on a number of websites at the MOSER 12 bolt. I've noticed on all the sites its a different price. Some include the gear some dont. I'm kinda confused on this. Shouldnt all the sites sell it at the MSRP? I'm gonna order all the parts and get them shipped to Charlie and get him to do all the puttin together and all. Maybe I wont go over budget You all know how that number always gets bigger. Something else I'm curious about. Will the Stock drive shaft work with the Moser 12-bolt? or to I need to buy something extra or another shaft? I'm still debating on who to order from. I'm gonna call Moser probably in the mornin and find out some 411 from them. Maybe they'll be helpful...I hope at least. but I have a 6-speed, I'm thinkin the Moser 12-bolt, with 33 spline Eaton Posi unit, ABS setup (I dunno which one the 3 channel or the 4 channel), with the 4.11 gears (also what is the 4.11 and the 4.11 3 series? whats the difference in those. Well u guys think this set up will be worth it? Give me any advise or anything u guys wanna tell. Maybe something extra i may have to buy in order to get this to run good as possible. I hope it'll be strong enough. Since i like to exceed standards :p . But I'll be back and in action I HOPE by the super chevy show this year in montgomery. I plan on being there. Well thanks in advance to anyone that tells about any trouble shooting. Laterz Justin also to Stephen I owe u one
Old 08-29-2003, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Finally in the shop

I know that the 3 channel is for cars without traction control and 4 channel for cars with. Also from all the installs I have read about the stock driveshaft works fine but you may need a different U-Joint.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Finally in the shop

How do u look at the rear end and tell with channel to get? 3 or 4. lookin at it how do u tell? also yea i called and they said the rear end comes with an adaptor U joint so the stock drive shaft will work fine. I cant wait to get this thing so I can have my car back. :d