Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS TT C6, feels like its hitting fuel cut/falls flat on its face?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS TT C6, feels like its hitting fuel cut/falls flat on its face?

Just did an oil change and topped off fluids, and when I started the car back up again and drove it, it started hitting some some of a fuel cut or something right around 4-5k depending on conditions, gear etc. It happens faster the harder you get on the gas...... I saw a pending MAF voltage low code, and swapped in a new MAF, but that did not solve the problem. I then noticed the 30A fuse holder for the MSD BAP was bulging/melted. Thinking it might have gotten some water in it or something? Or perhaps a bad fuse? Anyways, I put a new holder and a new fuse in, and it still has the exact same problem. Even part throttle out of boost at about 4-5k it just falls completely flat on its face, like some sort of a fuel cut? I checked the BAP fuse again, and its still just fine. Any ideas? TIA! Mods: APS TT, Borla.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

see your post on C.F.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, reallllly cannot tell with out a logger or some form of wideband to know what the mixture is.

Fuel cut is not something I have ever run into on an E38/E40. Maf Reduced power, yes.

Big is following me around
Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My T/A did the same thing when a knock sensor wire was crushed/cut. Safe mod.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Any chance its a bad BAP or fuel pump? Seems many are having issues with that MSD BAP?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:48 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me give you a big list, probably likely you have one already started lol! Change fuel filter, check boost levels have they changed?, and also check the TB closing under boost its happened to a lot of people and even checking your fuel trims on the stock O2's will tell you if you are lean or fat like with a tech 2. Not as accurate, but will give you an idea and checking the plugs could tell you a bunch on fuel also. Check your FP after the filter change and see if it ever dops etc... Stock pump can fail as well as an aftermarket one of any name brand check vacum hoses like to the FPR and make sure you atleast put a tie wrap around them to help hold them under boost etc... Good start for now GL!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:14 AM
Teching In

have you patched the MAF ?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Not sure, its a 2007, didnt think it needed it? Was running fine before.........
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have a check engine light on?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Mine did that when i changed the throttle body and i open the blade all the way with the adjusting screw.then my TPS was not reading correctly and would shut my fuel off on the computer.check that see if that works.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude this might be the stupidest post ever, but it sounds like your charge pipe is completely popped off somewhere and you might have overlooked the simplest thing... It revs softly and fine all the way up but as soon as you see .01psi of boost or anything like that the car feels sluggish and like you say, "falls on its face"... Happens alot more than one might think either way good luck but i say double check and tighten down all silicones and t-bolts/clamps

Quick Reply: APS TT C6, feels like its hitting fuel cut/falls flat on its face?