Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ported TB installed

Old 08-10-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ported TB installed

I ordered a Ported TB by Jantzer through Chris at CC Performace great product and service and i got it in only a few days. I didnt opt for them to paint it or anythin and when i got it I decided i would paint it myself. took it a part scuffed it up and cleaned it and then sprayed 3 coats of a a night black metallic enamel a really cool color i think. It looks black on the cap but its more like a really dark gray kinda like the dark carbon color GM has on there trucks. I then sprayed 4 coats of clear and let it sit overnight.

So today i get home from church and start at it get the old TB off transfer the sensors over and went to put it on got the 3 bolts started. then started tightening the 2nd one and it just snapped in half. fun fun so my Dad and I play with it a bit to see if we could back it out tried all our plyers and wrenches nothing could get ahold of it. so we got out the dremel and cut a groove in it and able to get it out that way very lucky we didnt have to do more.

So went and got some mroe bolts and a 2ft 5/16 fuel line hose to bypass the coolant going into the TB got everything bolted back on and it does seem to run better and have better response when i hit the gas ill take it to the track in a week or two and see if its enough to drop me that .11 to get into the 12s.

well here is some pictures enjoy.

Installed on the car

Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i liked the idea about painting it. I havent thought about. Looks good. Did you do the knife edge and bump stop mod as well?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shdybrady1988
i liked the idea about painting it. I havent thought about. Looks good. Did you do the knife edge and bump stop mod as well?
it was ported by Jantzer but he did the bumpstop but dont think he does the knife edge not sure though.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was your method for painting it? Painter's tape? I'd like to see how you did it because it turned out nice.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took the blade and shaft off then scufed it up and cleaned it off then used the blue painters tape to tape it off then sprayed 3 coats of color 4 coats of clear and let it sit for almost 24 hours.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

very nice. Chris at cc performance is a good guy, and im glad to see he is selling the jantzer throttle bodies they really are a very nice piece
Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
I took the blade and shaft off then scufed it up and cleaned it off then used the blue painters tape to tape it off then sprayed 3 coats of color 4 coats of clear and let it sit for almost 24 hours.
Cool. Did it require any special tools to get the blade and shaft off, like hex tools or something?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you will need a set of torx srewdrivers to take the blade and shaft out as well as the sensors.other then that nothing special 10mm socket and screwdrivers.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here are some pictures of the bypass hose i did its a 5/16 fuel line hose 2 feet long. the radiator side is a tight fit but so far it seems to be working just fine no problems at all it is the small hose in the middle.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Only other thing id do is polish up your sensor housing on the top right of the tb. they really do clean up nice.

Search this Thread