LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help with lt1 in chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with lt1 in chevelle

I am building a 65 chevelle that i picked up a lt1 for. I got the engine, wire harness and pcm from a 94 TA. I am going with a 230/236 .510/.520 cam but from this point on i do not know what pcm set up (maf or spd den) to go with along with info on TB size, inj size, where to send the pcm for the tune and any other changes that i need. Any help will be great.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sowhat
I am building a 65 chevelle that i picked up a lt1 for. I got the engine, wire harness and pcm from a 94 TA. I am going with a 230/236 .510/.520 cam but from this point on i do not know what pcm set up (maf or spd den) to go with along with info on TB size, inj size, where to send the pcm for the tune and any other changes that i need. Any help will be great.
Well, that PCM will already be tuned (stock) for a MAF as the 93's were the only one's with speed den setups. Considering the accuracy and tunability I would stick with the MAF/O2 setup and contact Bryan at PCMforless.com as he can get you setup up with a really good tune. As to the TB 52 or 58 would be fine and probably best to go with the 58 and make sure to port out the TB openings in the manifold as they only go to 52mm stock - easy to do just do a search here and you will find tons of advise or let me know and I'll tell you how to do it really easily. Lastly, the injectors, if you are boosting or spraying go with larger injectors 36+ (depending upon your HP) if just staying N/A I would go with a set of 30# SVO's as they will flow around 34 on our higher PSI motors and your cam is not too radical so that should be ideal for your setup. Good luck.

Quick Reply: need help with lt1 in chevelle