Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed poly motor mounts and trans mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed poly motor mounts and trans mount

finally got tired of my Paceshitter y pipe hitting the floor so i decided to fix the problem correctly. everything went it easy the install wasnt bad at all. me and my friend did it in about 11 hours. theres not much of a difference from the stock mounts except no y pipe bang and a little more vibration (especially 3500-4500)

if you have y pipe bang this will fix it. WS6 store has a sweet deal on the poly motor mounts and trans mount

i will post pics from the install when i get on my other computer
Old 08-11-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, i've got both the motor and trans poly mounts... I have no complaints about added noise or vibration, it's hardly noticeable....
Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
yea, i've got both the motor and trans poly mounts... I have no complaints about added noise or vibration, it's hardly noticeable....
yea its def a good thing to install. im wating on v clamps to come in the mail and this week i should have no exhaust leaks too
Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is this a common problem with pacesetter headers? I have em and CMS's custom Y but all the banging I hear sounds like its coming from the damn LT's hitting the floor!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 AM
12 Second Club

Bet you wish you did them while you had the exhaust manifolds off . It's like an hour job then. Props for fixing the problem correctly and not going with the band aid fix.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Is this a common problem with pacesetter headers? I have em and CMS's custom Y but all the banging I hear sounds like its coming from the damn LT's hitting the floor!
Originally Posted by 95 Z28
Bet you wish you did them while you had the exhaust manifolds off . It's like an hour job then. Props for fixing the problem correctly and not going with the band aid fix.

the pacesetter y hits the floor not the header. and yes its common with most headers

yes i do. lol it wasnt to bad tho cuz i can have my headers off in about 1 hr