Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX fuel rail adapter install help

Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Question NX fuel rail adapter install help

I feel retarded for asking because I'm sure its simple, but how do you hook one of these suckers up? I don't have any experiance with the fuel rails what so ever, but I do have access to a tool to remove the schrader valve from the fuel rail. I bought NX part #16185 from a local speed shop that said it would work for this application. Bad thing is when it was delivered, it didnt come with any install instructions and I cant find anything on the web either.

Little help please! Here is a pic from NX's website of the part I bought:

My guess would be the long skinny end goes into the fuel rail and the metal clip holds it in place around the fuel rail?

Another idea I was given is that it may not attach to the test port, but to the fuel line where it attaches to the rail. Is that the right way?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my guess is it goes where the fuel line connects to the rail, so you can have a pressure gauge there.

honestly call NX. phones still work. you would already have your answer.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 PM
FormerVendor

Mike, check your email, I sent you a copy of our install instructions. If you want to use that fitting it will go inline with the current fuel feed line. Just disconnect it at either the fuel rail or off the frame rail and insert the female end of that adapter onto the rigid tube and then plug the rubber fuel line back into the male part of the fitting. The bent metal clip will go into the fat end of the fitting and will secure it down to the rigid tube. If you're using a standard LS1 fuel rail, you will not need that adapter, just pull fuel off the shraeder valve.

Nick
Old 08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Mike, check your email, I sent you a copy of our install instructions. If you want to use that fitting it will go inline with the current fuel feed line. Just disconnect it at either the fuel rail or off the frame rail and insert the female end of that adapter onto the rigid tube and then plug the rubber fuel line back into the male part of the fitting. The bent metal clip will go into the fat end of the fitting and will secure it down to the rigid tube. If you're using a standard LS1 fuel rail, you will not need that adapter, just pull fuel off the shraeder valve.

Nick
Sweet. Thank you for the manual, it helped a ton.

Robert.. I emailed them but had not gotten a response yet. Figured you guys would know best and search didnt bring anything up.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

emails take forever. phones work much faster.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If this is a F-body with the stock fuel rails you should not need that part. Simply pulling fuel supply from the sharder valve will work.
Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX fuel rail adapter install help