Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

The OFFICIAL NJ BEACH CRUISE 2008 Thread - August 24, 2008 - DE, NJ, PA, come in..

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The OFFICIAL NJ BEACH CRUISE 2008 Thread - August 24, 2008 - DE, NJ, PA, come in..

LS1GTO thread link

Originally this was going to be a GTO-only event, but interest is low so I am opening this up to the F-Body and Vette crowd as well. If we can get a minimum of 10-15 cars then I think it will be a much better time.

Date: Sunday August 24th, 2008
Time: Meet at 10am. Leave at 10:30am.
Where: Bertucci's Restaurant
515 RT-73 N
Marlton, New Jersey 08053

EDIT: Gene is no longer coming, so if you aren't going to meet at Bertucci's, then meet up at at Applebee's on 72 just east of the Parkway entrance. around 11:30am.

TO

Barnegat Lighthouse State Park
Barnegat Light, NJ

Cruise Map

We will leave Bertucci's at 10:30am, arrive at Applebee's around 11:30am, and hopefully get to the Lighthouse by 12pm.

Details:

We will meet at the Bertucci's Restaurant Parking lot located off Rt 73 South, a few miles South of exit 36 on I-295 and exit 4 of the New Jersey Turnpike. We will travel Route 70 Eastbound, where we will turn off onto a local road and take a back way deep into the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. After passing through Chatsworth, we will end up on Route 72, which will run us straight to Long Beach Island. We will travel north on the island to the lighthouse, which has a parking lot that can accommodate about 185 cars, so we should have plenty of room. The reason why I chose this location was because of the scenery, but a lot to do with the fact that the northern end of the island has MUCH less traffic than the southern portion.

I have contacted the Lighthouse and said we are allowed to park there, so we shouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble. I will urge everyone, however, to act mature and limit the revving and the hoonage; there will be other families and visitors there and I'd like to not ruin their time. We should be able to get some good pictures, and it might not be a bad idea to support the lighthouse by going inside ($1 fee) just to say thanks for letting us park there. If we want to picnic or hold an "official event" there in the park, I have to get a permit, so let me know.

From here, we can do many things...go to the beach, walk the shoreline, grab something to eat, etc. I will say that once we all make it down there safely and we take our pictures, then I will leave it up to everyone to do their own thing. The traffic begins to build at 4pm, so that gives about 4 hours to do your own thing if you want to beat the traffic, or at least some of it. Exit 63 of the Parkway is right off route 72, so anyone coming from farther south or north might find this way easier to either meet up with the cruise, or leave and go home that way.

Please post up in this thread if you are going or a maybe. If you are going to meet us there or somewhere along the way, please make a note of this.

Thanks everyone,

-Scott

Attendees
---------------------
1. HQuakers
2. cudablue1
3. JoeyElbows
4. cudablue's friend's mustangs
5. LittleGTO143 (meeting on the Island)

Maybe
---------------------
1. BensalemGTO
2. DevilDougWS6 - TA WS6
3. TNTramair - TA WS6
4. NJNETSFAN - Camaro
5. DarkJuggalo - TA

Last edited by HQuakers; 08-23-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm...sounds like i might be in.....
Old 08-11-2008, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

I might do this as well. wont know till the middle of next week though..ill post back up.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome. I'll add both of you to the maybe list.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Also, it doesn't have to be LSXs necessarily. I mean, if you know someone with a fast Mustang or Evo, then they are welcome as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm less than 10 miles from exit 63 on the parkway so any chance I could meet up with you guys on Rt. 72 somewhere? I may just ride out there anyway, that way I can be a part of the whole cruise.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN
Well I'm less than 10 miles from exit 63 on the parkway so any chance I could meet up with you guys on Rt. 72 somewhere? I may just ride out there anyway, that way I can be a part of the whole cruise.
Sure thing. I can call you when we are getting on 72 and then you can hook up with us.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HQuakers
Sure thing. I can call you when we are getting on 72 and then you can hook up with us.
Ok, If gas goes down to $3.60ish for premium by then I'll just take the ride out and make the whole cruise. I gotta see what my work schedule is because it's constantly changing week to week, but I've been off a few weekends in a row so I should be good.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Bumping this up. This is still a go. Should have 5-10 cars coming from Marlton and hopefully about 5-10 coming from Central Jersey meeting us down there.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Bumping this up. This is still a go. Should have 5-10 cars coming from Marlton and hopefully about 5-10 coming from Central Jersey meeting us down there.
I'm off on Saturday so I'll just take the whole cruise.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

I'm off on Saturday so I'll just take the whole cruise.
Good stuff. I know there is a central jersey crew meeting up at the parkway somewhere, so that might be closer for you to meet with them and do the cruise back down to 72, where our two groups will meet up. I don't have any definite details yet but once I do I'll post them.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Good stuff. I know there is a central jersey crew meeting up at the parkway somewhere, so that might be closer for you to meet with them and do the cruise back down to 72, where our two groups will meet up. I don't have any definite details yet but once I do I'll post them.
okay, post them up when you get them, I'll probably just meet up with them then.

Edit: Just realized this is on Sunday, the whole time I was thinking it was on Saturday. I have to be in work at 1 on Sunday so if I take the cruise I'll probably only stay at the Lighthouse for an hour of so. Put me down for a maybe in the mean time. I'll see if I can get outta working.

Last edited by NJNETSFAN; 08-19-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i dont have work im in =)
Old 08-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Edit: Just realized this is on Sunday, the whole time I was thinking it was on Saturday. I have to be in work at 1 on Sunday so if I take the cruise I'll probably only stay at the Lighthouse for an hour of so. Put me down for a maybe in the mean time. I'll see if I can get outta working.
Not a problem.

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
if i dont have work im in =)
Great! I'm assuming you'll roll with the Central NJ crew?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

I added info for the Central/North NJ folks.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

EDIT: Gene is no longer coming, so if you aren't going to meet at Bertucci's, then meet up at at Applebee's on 72 just east of the Parkway entrance. around 11:30am.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Well I'm not feeling to good right now so I'm going to sleep and see how I feel in the morning, gotta love asthme.