Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just killed an dumdumdumdum

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just killed an dumdumdumdum

So i was on my home from work today and out of nowhere this black dumdumdumdum with a carbon fiber hood pulled up next to me and just kept starring at me. So i started to laugh and he just looked away and gave me a sneeze from his blow off valve. I knew it was on after that So we clear traffic and i downshift to 3rd at about 70 or so about 1 car behind him and as soon as i get almost next to him i heard him goose it. I nail it a soon as i heard it and just start realing him in. Rite as my bumper passed his door i hit fourth and i started to really pull away pretty hard after that. I ended up beating him about 2-3 cars and pulling. I dont know exactly what he had done but i know he had an exhaust and a blow off valve. I have a 99 z28 with longtubes off road y through loudmouth and a lid. Ill bet his ears where hurting as i passed him lol. we exchanged thumbs as we passed and went on our ways. All in all it put a good end to a shitty day at work
Old 08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why did it put dumdumdumdum instead of what i wrote? Anybody know?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet
Why did it put dumdumdumdum instead of what i wrote? Anybody know?
The forums have it set to automatically replace S-R-T-4's with that... I think terminators too.

Good kill, "sneeze from the BOV" lol.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha thanks he was kinda cocky at first but after i beat him he wasnt so cocky lol. Do you know y they do that though?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
The forums have it set to automatically replace S-R-T-4's with that... I think terminators too.

Nice car by the way
Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

because the ls1ech tyrants are sick of hearing people say certain terms.

Nice Kill.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill. Most of them aren't too impressive. But others are actually quick from a roll, so watch out. My friend just got his car back from his shop and it's making 403/423 @ 2800 lbs.

From a dig...well...ahem. haha
Old 08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Nice car by the way
Thanks

I'd like to take a crack at trying to launching one of those built skittles though, I'm sure it's a bit of a challenge.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, we cant type s rt4
Old 08-11-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
Nice kill. Most of them aren't too impressive. But others are actually quick from a roll, so watch out. My friend just got his car back from his shop and it's making 403/423 @ 2800 lbs.

From a dig...well...ahem. haha
Yeah i have a friend with one that is stage 3 which is the fastest stage you can get and i beat him but thats because his car is a lump lol jk hes got a few problems to work out and then we are going to do it again. Ill bet your friends is pretty damn fast frim a roll but from a dig ill bet that thing is almost impossible to launch haha
Old 08-11-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

u cant type (m-a-r-o) either......i thought it was pretty funny
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FWD is the suck for dig racing, so always race the skittles from a stop. From a roll is a crap shoot but still favors the fbod in most cases.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow

thats just retarded.... i can understand replacing MA RO or something like that but S RT4 is dumb. its what its called...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28voodoo
thats just retarded.... i can understand replacing MA RO or something like that but S RT4 is dumb. its what its called...
There's a lot of history behind the whole replace the neon's name on the forums thing. Basically, it all started back when they were first introduced and lots of neon owners came over here starting crap and saying their cars could never lose, they are the coolest cars ever blah balh blah. Plus alot of v8 car owners get a little irked when they lose to a crappy little car like the neon. It started way too many flame wars, so they banned a bunch of people and did the name replacement thing. It's been mellow ever since.

I ended up buying one for a DD/ beater after researching quite a bit (and losing to one at the track with my cam/header/boltons SS) . Anyway, i take it for what it is, a neon with a forged stroker motor and a turbo. It's a great performance bargain and a reliable every day car that can beat most v8 cars around here (I live in the heat and altitude where N/A LS1s are high 13s/low 14s cars). I also don't care if someone calls it a neon, cause that's what it is. Since my SS has been down, I've turned up the boost and added some mods to the point where it's about like that car on 5psi. When I get back to the track I should be running around 12.5 @ 113 or so...
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh ok gothcha. You must have a stage 3 or atleast an upgraded turbo for it to be as fast as your ss with a turbo... Right?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of my friends are still embarassed to say its a neon and still get all pissy when i call it one. They have to call it a neon now because of the new calliber being an SRT

Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

My person favorite was a Neon i say trying to be bad *** in traffic. The SRT 4 hood and all that crap on the front end. He does the flyby and I notice on the back it reads "Plymouth Expresso". I almost ran off the road i was laughing so hard.

He pissed off the 'Vette at the front of my little convoy and got smacked around for it.

If you going with the SRT 4 kit at least remove the damn Plymouth badges.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

There are so many damn "sr t-4"s around now. I can think of 4 that have the ******* hood, wing, but no intercooler, and look and sound like ****. What is the point in trying to pose as one?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh ok gothcha. You must have a stage 3 or atleast an upgraded turbo for it to be as fast as your ss with a turbo... Right?
Yup. Ported out bigger compressor wheel/clipped exhaust side stock turbo with ported mani, all supporting mods on E85 (105 oct). Putting down around 350whp and close to high 400wtq at only 2860lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas. I'll find out for sure soon. When I get this tune close, I'm going to finish it on the dyno. It'll never be great at the track due to the FWD issue (always playing catch up at the 60ft mark), but it can be brutal from a roll.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
There are so many damn "sr t-4"s around now. I can think of 4 that have the ******* hood, wing, but no intercooler, and look and sound like ****. What is the point in trying to pose as one?
!wing was my first mod about a week after I got it.