Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Question

Well guys unfortunately I received a state ref ticket for modified emissions this weekend .. and it ****** sucks *****. I got pulled over for my loud exhaust so the CHP told me to pop my hood and he saw my TNT F1 kit right away and said "Wow thats not legal"

So he gave me a ticket for No front plate and loud exhaust and modified emissions, If I didn't have my TNT Kit I think he would have let me go with fix it tickets but oh well **** happens. Now I am changing my exhaust to a custom Y and a magnaflow cat back getting rid of the TNT and going back with a black slp lid and tr55 plugs. Do you guys think this change will require me to get my car re tuned? What I was thinking of doing is getting all the above done and dyno it here in town and if its really off then take a day off and get it re tuned.

What do you all think?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

If you were spraying much, and your previous tune was setup with reduced timing for the juice then you will not be optimal for a NA setup. It will likely be safe, but it will probably be down on power.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by John-SDPC
If you were spraying much, and your previous tune was setup with reduced timing for the juice then you will not be optimal for a NA setup. It will likely be safe, but it will probably be down on power.
No actually I will be removing my N20 and going back to TR55 plugs. Right now I don't have a N20 tune.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

Quote from link: http://smogcheck.ca.gov/

Per the Governor's Executive Order issued on July 31, 2008 concerning the state budget, Referee and Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) Repair Assistance, and Vehicle Retirement services have been suspended until further notice