LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Hooker Super Comp LT vs. Pacesetter LT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Hooker Super Comp LT vs. Pacesetter LT's

Which set is better guys? I am torn between the two and need pros and cons of each and any experiences you guys have had with them will be appreciated!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had Pacesetters on my 99 LS1 (I know its not an LT1, but same idea) and the quality was great. Cheaper than the Hookers too even with the coating. Fit with no modifications and went in easy from the bottom (just get the car at least 2 feet off the ground to get em up and in).

Never installed or used Hookers myself but heard they quality is great, maybe better than the Pacesetters. Their catback is awsome too
Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Hookers and a buddy has the Pacesetters, I like how the pace setters don't use a slip fit for the first primary on the driver side like the Hookers does. The pacesetters dont use a 3 bolt flange so you have to use a band clamp, you may or may not have a preference on that. I dont really care for either. I would go with pacesetters, the quality looked fine and every thing lined up as they should. I only paid a 100$ for a set of coated Hooker LTs used so i went with those, other wise would have gone pacesetter. I dont think their is any real power difference between the two so your not loosing any thing there. So, do you like a 3 bolt flange or a band clamp?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
Which set is better guys? I am torn between the two and need pros and cons of each and any experiences you guys have had with them will be appreciated!
I would go with the better quality of the two...Hooker. I had a set of Pacesetters and the quality was poop. Pin holes all over them. I returned them for a set of Mac's. You will find a lot of guys run Pacesetters because they are so cheap $$. Me personally, I would never run them.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

the Pacesetters LT's are the best bang for the buck header out there! They fit well and have good ground clearance. Try a search, this topic has been beat to death lol!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought hookers and the quality is great. I like the three bolt flange but the Y I got doesn't even come close to fitting the headers. The headers them self are great. Both went in from the top also.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Launching!

I have got coated Hookers on mine and I couldn't be happier. I have put some Pacesetters on LS cars and they seem to be pretty good for the price. No problems fitting at least. I don't think you can really go wrong with either one of them.

Don't forget to get some locking header bolts, too. Definately worth the money

Quick Reply: LT1 Hooker Super Comp LT vs. Pacesetter LT's