Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauge mounting questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Gauge mounting questions

I've been going over several ideas now about places to mount gauges and I wanted to get some ideas from everyone. We don't have many options for where we can mount our stuff, accept for the pillar, and I would like to change that. One area that would be great is the spot in front of the shifter... and no I am not talking about the switch panel mod with a hole cut in it. I am talking about completely removing all that is under the climate controls down to the carpet. I realize that what I am refering to is actually the center console. With that whole section removed you could hang the ol' three gauge cluster under there. The biggest problem is the console. You either have to moddify it, or find another one.
Does anyone know of a console that maybe came in another car that, with some moddifying, would look correct in the car and not extend all the way up to the radio?

Or... I wonder how difficult it would be to install a mustang gauge-cage in our vents?

I know of the gauge mount that you can put in the side air vent. I would rather have them in the middle though.

maybe I'll just have to weld something up my own dang self. I really dont want it to look like crap though.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Or... I wonder how difficult it would be to install a mustang gauge-cage in our vents?
I'm pretty sure it will not look right if you try to mount a gauge-cage in our cars.
The vents are not similar in shape to the Mustangs.
A fellow 'Tech member had pieces made that fit into our radio bezel similar to the gauge-cage, though.
You may want to try to search for that thread.

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
maybe I'll just have to weld something up my own dang self.
I think this route is your best bet.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to find two smaller GM vents so that I could squeeze one gauge between them. I looked at maybe using two side vents, but they are too big, actualy not much smaller than the center vents. Maybe an S10 has some smaller vents.

Quick Reply: Gauge mounting questions