PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0522 code. I need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0522 code. I need help!!!

I did a basic head swap on my 00 C5 and when I started the car the oil pressure guage was at 0. So I made sure I had oil pressure then checked the codes and P0522 came up. So I did some research and saw other people who fixed it with changing the oil pressure sensor behind the intake and I did the same. But the guage still doesn't work and the code is still popping up. So what is the next fix?

Also, I did find a pinched wire in one of the grounds on the back of the drivers side head, so I put a new ring connector and put it back. Are any of the grounds behind the drivers side head for the oil pressure sensor?

Car runs fine, but I want everything working correctly.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to confirm a couple of things regarding the voltage: A) confirm the voltage with key on and engine off (should be less than .5V) B) need to jumper the 5 volt reference circuit and the Engine Oil Pressure signal circuit together at the Engine Oil Pressure sensor harness connector (should be 5V).

Yes, you may have a ground problem. You need to also ensure that you don't have P1635 DTC. This would indicate you likely have a problem with the internal 5V reference circuit used by the PCM.