PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hptuners Dropped Tune????????

Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hptuners Dropped Tune????????

Ok here is the deal. We picked up the car with a tune already (EFI Live) and even though it ran good I wanted to make sure it was inline for N/A and for nitrous. So I took it to one of the local tuners here. Well after the tuning (w/hptuners) it ran fine N/A and nitrous. Over that same weekend the wife wanted to swap interior with a friend as she did not like the all red interior. So we disconnected the battery in order to not throw a airbag light. Well seems after that stuff has been going down hill. Car would hit 10:1 on the AEM wideband on the hit so I let off. Sometimes it would idel at 11:1 sometimes at 15:5:1. Sometimes when driving and coming to a stop it would max out the AEM wideband and hit 17:1 and stall out.

It killed one O2 sensor so I replaced them both yesterday thinking that might be the fix. Well guess what it still does the same crap. Now its at 11:1 when you really get into it.

I am lost and the only thing I can think of is the car dropped the tune.

I am headed Friday 9am to the tuner to do some street tuning and see if we can get this bug worked out.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

The tunes do not just drop out. It is probably just a calibration error or broken part/sensor/wiring.

When you Flash the computer you are ERASING the previous file in it and over writting it with another. The old one is NOT stored anywhere in the car.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I took it too a shop and they put it on there scanner and said right side O2 was shot and left one was on its way out so I replaced both. I am lost.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for talking to me I will be calling you to order efilive shortly and I should have done that in the first place.

Search this Thread