Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS T/A Vids

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default APS T/A Vids

finally was able to get some vids of the thing running. Alot of you guys wanted to hear what it sounds like with no cats and through a GMMG so here it is. i have 2 other vids as well just didnt have time to up load them yet but ill add them today or tommorrow.

the walk around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8gRCx8_fs0

in car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjgl3ypmLwM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr2oFr6Csig
Old 08-15-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

How much power are you putting down??
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

That is sick!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

i have to get it back on the dyno cause we were unable to load the dyno at that time....it was only getting up to 5 psi and it made 615rwhp.

thanx guys
Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Sounds really good.

My car would be towed if I went through a police checkpoint sounding like that. On my way to work, every couple of months, they have a police checkpoint to check that your are inspected and are wearing a seatbelt.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds way loud to me . I hope mine is much quieter .I want it to be loud only when open my cutout. Is the gmmg that loud on an NA car? If don't run cats and its too loud likely run something like current flo pro twister type of muffler like run ahead of my ypipe in my 96z.I won't run cats unless forced to. Maybe my b and b is quieter than that gmmg. I thought turbos quiet a car down?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

lol...yeah, GMMG is no joke on a heads and cam car...especially with no cats. here's a vid of my car on the dyno when it was cam only with long tubes, no cats, GMMG and spray:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=v2gbT06aj4Q

and yes, it actually is quieter with the Turbo's on there compared to that dyno vid.
but i love it and dont plan on changin it out. i live in a state that isnt too concerned with noisey vehicles and inspection is pretty laxed....i also work for a dealer which helps my situation out a bit...
Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 AM
9 Second Club

Sounds and looks great!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds a lot quieter in the car. And didn't seem that loud on the dyno. Do you have the standard aps blow offs. They seem pretty mellow as well.

Looks like it gets up and moves out nicely. I am so hyper to get mine in my car almost tempted to throw it on stock engine but new engine should finally be here this month.

What are your mods again?

JM are you having problems with sway bar clearance that is being mentioned in the other thread? Did you ever get upgraded intake tubes or are you still going with the upgraded turbos?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
It sounds a lot quieter in the car. And didn't seem that loud on the dyno. Do you have the standard aps blow offs. They seem pretty mellow as well.

Looks like it gets up and moves out nicely. I am so hyper to get mine in my car almost tempted to throw it on stock engine but new engine should finally be here this month.

JM are you having problems with sway bar clearance that is being mentioned in the other thread? Did you ever get upgraded intake tubes or are you still going with the upgraded turbos?
I dont have a sway bar.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Car sounds sick nice job man
Old 08-21-2008, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6

allmost forgot about this thread....thanx guys.

yeah i still have the standard APS BOV....can barely hear them inside the car.
that dyno vid was on my very first set up about 5 years back...cam only and long tubes.

as far as mods....its a 402(dragonslayer crank...Diamond -15cc pistons...Compstar rods...arp bolts etc.etc) with stock L92 heads and l76 intake. heads have dual springs and l92 yella terra rockers and thats all. Custom grind HSW turbo cam. racetronix dual intanks...return style fuel lines...60#injectors. Textrailia clutch. stock M6 and stock rear with 3.42s...

Quick Reply: APS T/A Vids