Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How about a thread for not best kills....but BEST LOSSES

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about a thread for not best kills....but BEST LOSSES

I understand why, but I never see anyone really post any stories about cars that they have lost to in their LS1. Im sure there are some good stories out there of people that got caught by surprise in their LS1. On here everyday there is a story about an LS1 stomping out a Mustang, however if I head over to the Mustang fourm im sure noone post anything about the loss, only cars they beat.

My car is not nearly the fastest on this site, just a bolt-on Trans-Am but to date I have not been beaten by surprised yet...and the day I am I will be nothing but happy and giving props to the other car...im not a soar loser in racing, theres always going to be somebody faster, just a matter of time before you run into them.

Only car I lost to yet was a friend 653RWHP Supra. 653RWHP on pump gas and 7xx on race. He gave me the hit, I was in 3rd and all I hear next to me was the turbo spooling, then he passed me as if I were sitting still.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

What's the saying....A picture is worth a thousand words? Well....what would a video be?

This was a MAKO 10.5 car that trailored in. They where smart and got rid of that nasty *** Ford power plant and put a chevy 502 in it. Fast car though.
http://media.putfile.com/BBC-stang
Old 08-16-2008, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good thread. lets see if we can actually got some responses about losing with the almighty ls1 that can't lose to a 100,000 HP car.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

A group of us left the car meet and were cruisin'/racing around- The big race was a turbo Honda Civic to race a bad-*** fully modded C5 Vette. Anyway they were at the front of the group (of course) and I guess they raced but his buddy, and me, in a similar car (turbo Honda Civic) lagged behind....

We slowed to about 20 mph or so- did the 3 honks and I immediately yanked him pretty good. Even though I was leaving him behind, the sounds that car was making was unreal! I new this wasn't going to go well. I continue banging gears and at about 100 he is EASILY reeling me in! We ran out of road (became one lane) when he was right next to me and he had to let out. I continued home.

I've been back to that car meet countless times since then and haven't seen hin since. Wanna give him thumbs-up on a cool car!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
good thread. lets see if we can actually got some responses about losing with the almighty ls1 that can't lose to a 100,000 HP car.
yeah.....cuz thats what everyone here REALLY believes. i think LS1 people are actually some of the most down to earth people that can admit a loss because the is so strong, even when stock, so it takes a pretty good setup to beat one when modded, mnost of the time that is. i will not act like there arent bad drivers, duds, etc. but that was just a dumb statement. sorry, not trying to start ****, but i think youre a little off there.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

I don't often talk about my losses. They really don't happen much is the only reason why. I have a bad *** setup that is hard to come around. Plus my **** is always braeking something! DOH! Hard to come around a jack stand queen. I find alot of the guys on here don't have issues admitting defeat. It happens to us all.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
Is that at the crank or to the wheels?
I must be able to beat 100,000,000hp cars since mine is cammed....

This thread is going to get really good.

Last edited by Dan Stewart; 08-16-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mine would have to have been against a local LT1 guy. I was in a 02 Z06 with twin turbos. The Vette made somewhere around 700rwhp. The LT1 was a pro shifted, built LT1 based car, and had 2 stages of nitrous. On his first stage through 3rd gear I was inching on him and I shifted into 4th gear and the pipe blew off the throttle body (the BOVs were too small). It wouldn't have mattered much since he was about to spray me with the 2nd stage (250+ shot).
Old 08-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Teching In

A few years ago when my car was running mid 12's at 105-110mph, I got my *** yanked really hard by an older S10 that had an LS1 swap. Not sure on the mods but he beat me like 3-4X on a roll. Not even close. You bet your *** I got home and ordered more parts. That was the worst beating I have received on the street. Since then, I do NOT underestimate any car. I don't care if it's a pink VW beetle.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

just last night i was in the city next to mine which is pretty big and full of cars that wanna race. my buddy was like **** this guy is comin. so i looked then kicked it down lol didnt help ****, it was a rx-7 that i know had an ls1 swap cuz we heard about it and it had a mean v8 sound. tryed to follow the guy but that didnt happen! that **** is bad
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
yeah.....cuz thats what everyone here REALLY believes. i think LS1 people are actually some of the most down to earth people that can admit a loss because the is so strong, even when stock, so it takes a pretty good setup to beat one when modded, mnost of the time that is. i will not act like there arent bad drivers, duds, etc. but that was just a dumb statement. sorry, not trying to start ****, but i think youre a little off there.
yeah if saying the ls1 is touched by the hand of God is down to earth then sure.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WSsick

and you said his was a dumb statement.

My best loss was to a cam-only TA that put down 38x through a T56 and 12 bolt in my blown/sprayed V6 Mustang.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Good stories so far guys, keep them comming!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I on my way home and pulled in behind a terminator in the turning lane, followed him and we were side by side at a red light. It turned green and we are both driving normal I asked him if he wanted to run and he was down, I 3 honk it from a 30 roll and we are side by side for a sec or so then he flew by me like I was standing still. By 80 he had 4-5 cars on me. We pulled into a parking lot to talk about the run. He said he put dow n 520rwhp and runs 11.3-.4's.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

I lost to a 03/04 Mustang Mach 1. My TA was stock down to the paper filter. We raced heads up. The Mach had full exhaust, CAI, tune, and alittle better tire. I think I lost by 6 cars. Lifting to help stop the spinning wasn't on my mind. I still had fun doing it.

Another good one I had was against a SBC S10. The S10 had a mild 350 on a street tire. Again heads up. We both spun pretty good. He won by a few.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

i lost to a schoolbus full of kid's driven by a nun. DAMN LT1!!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1_bad_TA
I lost to a 03/04 Mustang Mach 1. My TA was stock down to the paper filter. We raced heads up. The Mach had full exhaust, CAI, tune, and alittle better tire. I think I lost by 6 cars. Lifting to help stop the spinning wasn't on my mind. I still had fun doing it.
Dude, 6 cars?! That's pretty sad.

Wow.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by svodave
Dude, 6 cars?! That's pretty sad.

Wow.
Did you miss the part where he said "lifting to help stop the spinning wasn't on my mind"?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My most surprising loss was to a S10. It looked tame enough, but it was an animal.
It was a 10.0 truck...all hook though...not a whole lot of top end power. I'm sure
he only trapped 130mph or so. Considering I was only trapping 123mph at time and
running low to mid 11's, it wasn't too pretty. Very cool guys in the truck though.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

loss(s).

These all happened when my car wasn't running well.

1.I was making 580rwhp with a slipping clutch and 510 rwtq. With a clutch swap I made 615/565 a while back with my blower. Anyways, one the 580 rear wheel setup. I went out to a spot, and some turbo mustang asked if I wanted to race. sure. Car wasn't really in it's best mood that night but, I said sure. They added a bag of ice before they started the car. Sweet.

We headed towards the highway,...1,2,3...it was a dead heat for a while,...until 150 plus, where he actually started to pull a little up top. I honestly didn't have anything for it, with my car the way it was. We ended up racing a few times, just for the sport. It was fun racing a mustang at those speds but,..again, I was on crutchs. regardless, it was a loss, and the guys afterwards were pretty cool. Built motor, big single.

Next. This guy local, around here alwasy acted like he had the fastest mustang in the world. His dad has built vettes with blowers and ****,..lambo's as well. Whatever. Finally get a chance to race him,..by chance actually. We ended up on the same highway in the middle of nowhere. 03 cobra, whipple. almost"700rwheel"

I tried to line up(roll) next to him, I did, got in third gear...and waited. He lined up,...windows downs up..and downshifted as well. Now, I have no horn in my car at that moment. Soo, I was just waiting. I waited, I waited, I waited...for about 2 miles of driving. No bullshit. All you heard where two cars all geared out. My girlfriend was in my car,...and she was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! is going on? lol... finally, the cobra just took off. Jumped the every living **** out of me. He was right infront of me when I finally gassed it. I spun at 80 mph but, stayed with him,...I then actually statrted running this car down nicely(witnesses were following and video taping).....and the moment I rolled alongside of him at who the hell knows what speed(5th)...he shut down,...and claimed victory.

I tried to get him to race again evenly, he said nahhh. He then further modded his car, or so I am told but, doesn't want a rematch. lame. However, I know where he lives, i'll go park in his driveway until he's ready. Which is exactly what I told him. Still waiting.

And last,..another ******* mustang. A built motor, 23psi F1 supercharger car. Very fast, nowhere near slow. Cool dude. We set up a race for a while,..well, people did. Thought I was gonna dethrown this kid pretty easily actually. I ened up having a million problems that night, before I drove one hour to go race the dude. Alternator took a **** on me,...and I was actually able to buy one at 11 o'clock at night. installed it asap,...and went up north. A valient effort on my oart so I wouldn't be a no show for these guys.

I get there, all kinds of real deal cars. We set it up from a roll(that what he wanted)... honk honk honk...he gets out on me by a car,...and I am only slowly running him down. Kinda weird for me, since this car is advertising about the same horsepower that I am,...I sholda walked right by him honestly but, I couldn't till around the top of his 4th gear...and then he lifted, cause 5th for him was nothing. However,..145 for me, is ****.

Anyways, the weird part is, my buddy that was following, who I BEAT when I was making 580(now I was making 35 more wheel, and 55 more torque), he was in his Z06,...and honestly, this guy, my friend was tailing the race, and he actually had to lift severl times so he didn't rear end me. So , I know my car was fucked up. I made 615 rear wheel, my buddys Z06 made 530rearwheel, and my buddy was pedaling to keep from hitting me.

So, whatever...no big deal. That was a loss, we were all baffled by it, everyone, was a little surprised.

So after that, I get in my car to leave, I make a blast, and my powersteering pulley colapsed, ripping my belt in pieces, and also ripping off my idlers pulleys. So, I am guessing I was having belt issues that night, just didn't know it. Got straned on the side of the road till about 3,...borrowed a friends trailor,...and my buddies towed me home the 1+ hour journey. Sucked.

3 losses,..and, as it is, my car wasn't optimal for anyone of those races. I do have excuses for them, yes, cause obvously things were a miss but,..whatever. It is what it is.

I have a race setup for the F1 powered MACH 1 as soon as I am back on the streets. For fareness purposes, I told him i'd run on the exact same PSI I should have been running in that night that we raced.

So, there my defeats.