Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Thanks goes out to Slowhawk (Don)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks goes out to Slowhawk (Don)

Just wanted to say thanks to Don for helping me out tonight. I have been making good strides with my Ls1 rx7 and the other night I got her started up and even though I had a VATS bypass box.. and checked to see if it was hooked up right.. it still didnt work. So I sent Don a pm telling him about my hectic work schedule (I work as a car salesmen so I dont have time off) and he offered to have me come by his house after work. So I get off work today run to the cape (from norwood) pick up the PCM and bring it to his place. Nice guy, knew his **** obviously and I decided to get my moneys worth so he put up with about 3 hours of questions about future plans for the cars.. different cams.. my nitrous setup.. everything.. (I think I made him physically tired answering so many questions) while he got all the codes cleared out of the pcm as well as the VATS. So I was like wtf I'm bringin it to the cape and seeing if I can get this thing started up. I hook it up crank it up and VROOMMM BrAP brRap Brap Vroomm. It even held an idle pretty damn well for not being started in a year. Also learned that the engine may be an ls6 block because the pcm is an 02 (still got the 241 heads though). Very cool cause I thought it was an 00.

Cant wait to get it on the road and get the rest of the tuning done and hopefully see what she'll put down on the dyno.

Thanks again and hopefully it will be as early as end of next week when I bring it back. Hows that sound Don?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Btw Don this is the Rx7 with the GTO kit D1SC

They say it pretty much bolts right in with very little mods.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/hotCars.php?car=55
Old 08-17-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you see that bad *** black SS at his house
Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Did you see that bad *** black SS at his house
Yeah, thats a bad lookin bitch. It looks exactly like my buddies SS which is the car that got me interested in F-bodys.