LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

high revving ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high revving ?

hi there just had a question about a turbo 350.. my plan is to put a turbo 350 on my lt1 with a 3500 stall manual valve body with a 28" tire or 26" tire not sure yet also with 3.73's in the rear.............i drive it almost every weekend and about 3 times during the week ......would i hurt the valve body and what would i be revving at on the high way ( 28"tire and 26" tire ) ... thanks matt
Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/971662-lt1-daily-driver.html

The valvesprings wont last long and I would expect it to fatigue the rod bolts too, which are arguable the weak link in the stock shortblock. They don't outright fail but them stretching is the most likely cause for rod bearing failures when guys use stock shortblocks at high rpms.

Have also seen guys who did the 3 speed thing have issues with roller rockers wearing out as early as 20K miles.

So what you are trying to do is trade engine longevity for a cheaper tranny you think will last longer. Reality is the 4L60E when built well is VERY capable. Most guys just put their trust in the wrong shops.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971662

The valvesprings wont last long and I would expect it to fatigue the rod bolts too, which are arguable the weak link in the stock shortblock. They don't outright fail but them stretching is the most likely cause for rod bearing failures when guys use stock shortblocks at high rpms.

Have also seen guys who did the 3 speed thing have issues with roller rockers wearing out as early as 20K miles.

So what you are trying to do is trade engine longevity for a cheaper tranny you think will last longer. Reality is the 4L60E when built well is VERY capable. Most guys just put their trust in the wrong shops.

i see that you have a 4l60 and you are running pretty good so i will take your advice but can you put a manual valve body in them and what do you mean about built good....... whats weak?

Quick Reply: high revving ?