LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

enggine knock/low idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enggine knock/low idle

hi, i just recently drove my car into a flooded street, fortunately, i turned the car off before much water got into it...very little water, if any at all got into my engine. the inside and everything got flooded and blah.
luckily, my insurance got it taken care of. the interior all cleaned and they only changed the oil on the engine'which i thought was weird.' so now, i got my car back and its running like a piece of ****. it idles at about 400-500 rpm, and it used to turn off before i changed my ignition coils, but now...after i changed them...all fine and dandy, they were fucked before...all 4 cracked, back to it lol, after i changed them...my car still idles real low and i believe all 8 cylinders are hitting, before it was questionable but now i figure all 8 are hitting and my car will knock and say its revving at 2500 rpm, but im punching it and i can barely hear the engine.

they changed the MAF on my air filter when i brought it back, and found the ignition coils to be bad and i thought that was the problem, but now its all WTF, they are all brand new and idk what to do.. i pulled codes from my car and it says the air sensors under my car are reading bad or are bad or something....i'm really at a panic right now, just bought this car and barely made the first payment a week ago, please help!!

if you think this was brought on because half my engine was under water, please tell me...the insurance wont pay to get my engine torn apart becuause they say its running fine or w/e, so i have to sign something stating if it isnt related to the flood than i have to pay.

1 more thing...it started running perfect after 30mins of driving and at a stop light i kept the engine revving at 1-1.5k rpm's and it just started running perfect again, took it on the highway and hit 110 in like 2secs, it was my car again untill i parked it at home for 15 mins and started it again, drove it and its a piece of crap again.

please help. any suggestions, anything at all would be great.

engine mods that i know of, - headers, (no exhaust, just a 2 foot pipe that ends about at the feet of the back seat from each header), ignition coils instead of opti spark, electric water pump, and a knn air filter.

Last edited by KadinZ; 08-19-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything that was submerged (opti/o2s/maybe coil or whatever coil setup you have) will have to be checked, it could be all or one of those considering it was under water. If the car was submerged past the intake or up to it, the problems could be alot worse.

Quick Reply: enggine knock/low idle