Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edelbrock retrofit kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default edelbrock retrofit kit

Anybody use the Edelbrock 65063 header/mounting plate kit on their 64 through 67 A body? The headers are stainless step style and appear to be less expensive than some others. I was considering using them with the BRP mount kit and H3 oil pan setup. Any comments/ideas?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cacmanjr
Anybody use the Edelbrock 65063 header/mounting plate kit on their 64 through 67 A body? The headers are stainless step style and appear to be less expensive than some others. I was considering using them with the BRP mount kit and H3 oil pan setup. Any comments/ideas?
I have a 70 Chevelle and used the edelbrock headers for my LS2. I know that 68-72 aren't the same as the 64-67 years. Just giving you an idea of what you may have to do since you are not using parts from one vendor.

I used the homemade BRP style mounts out of 3/8" steel plate stock and the edelbrock headers. I did relocate the perches on the frame so that I could get the engine exactly where I wanted it.

Don't know anything about the H3 oil pan, I used the S&P modified F-Body pan for my Chevelle.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have done the same as 1970-Cloned.. I used a CTS-V oil pan, on my setup, it hangs about 1" below the X-Member.

My plates are 1/4" but using the Tall and Narrow Engine Mounts with modified and relocated Engine Frame Stands.

Also using the Edelbrock Swap headers, they were a great fix, no problem with anything hitting and clearence around the frame is good.

The LH8 / H3 pan is some what like all of the truck pans but not as deep in the slump. But is between 2-3" deep than an F-Body pan and 1-2" more than a CTS-V pan.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We used our standard mounts in our conversion, we did modify the crossmember and use a aftermarket pan....

Old 08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Thank you all. It sounds like the headers worked well. I have the latest version of the BRP mounts and I plan to use the 200 4R that is already in the car so it will dictate where the frame stands go once I mate it up to the motor. I don't want to fool with shortening my driveshaft. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: edelbrock retrofit kit