Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I don't like the sound of my BPV....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:05 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I don't like the sound of my BPV....

I'm running the stock black Procharger valve at 13 psi on a D1SC. It makes that fluttering noise when you let off the throttle, which sounds exactly like a turbo with no BOV (air rushing through the blades out the air filter). I like the ones that just open and "whoosh", but I don't want to spend $400 just for sound. Right now my ATI valve is vented to the atmosphere with a little filter on it. Can I remove the filter for better sound? I don't wanna suck anything up there, but as I understand it it should always be blowing out right? Can I do anything else with it to make it sound better?

Sorry for the ricer-ish question, I used to run turbo buicks and grew tired of that damn chattering sound.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://vortechsuperchargers.com/prod...p=25&cat_key=4

We have used this valve with no issues on many setups in the 15-17 psi area.

small and much cheaper then most other valves
Old 08-20-2008, 08:31 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
http://vortechsuperchargers.com/prod...p=25&cat_key=4

We have used this valve with no issues on many setups in the 15-17 psi area.

small and much cheaper then most other valves

Its only a few bucks cheaper than the Mondo though, right? How does it sound?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
I'm running the stock black Procharger valve at 13 psi on a D1SC. It makes that fluttering noise when you let off the throttle, which sounds exactly like a turbo with no BOV (air rushing through the blades out the air filter). I like the ones that just open and "whoosh", but I don't want to spend $400 just for sound. Right now my ATI valve is vented to the atmosphere with a little filter on it. Can I remove the filter for better sound? I don't wanna suck anything up there, but as I understand it it should always be blowing out right? Can I do anything else with it to make it sound better?

Sorry for the ricer-ish question, I used to run turbo buicks and grew tired of that damn chattering sound.
I have the same one LS1 SPEED suggested and it still makes a fluttering sound.... Im running about 11-12psi. I also prefer the "whoosh" sound to the sound my BPV makes but in all honesty I just want it to function correctly, which to my knowledge the "fluttering" noise is normal.

You can run it w/o a filter... if its not closed there is a ton of pressure coming out so you dont have to worry about anything going in. Unless, of course, it malfunctions but you would know that right away anyways.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

I have a Mondo Bypass valve and never can hear it. Im surprised you can hear it on yours but Im only running 8lbs on a P1sc. My exhaust drowns out any bypass sound.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TS6
Its only a few bucks cheaper than the Mondo though, right? How does it sound?
We have used the Mondo as well, but was not sure on your space. The race valve is much easier to fit and we have not experienced flutter.

Mondo would probably be best if you have the room
Old 08-21-2008, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the sound of the turbo xs type h BOV's that came on the hiflo turbo kits. Its got a nice sound to it and isn't too loud. They make a BPV version of it on this page:

http://www.turboxs.com/shop_prod.php?what_category=2

(toward the bottom - $189)

Quick Reply: I don't like the sound of my BPV....