LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ported Maf ends

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Maf ends

Anybody using these . Im wondering if I should buy a set or descreen my stock Maf ?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

I am using stock maf with screen
I am only about 580 fwhp once I decide to spray the car I will try something else but as of now it is not a restriction
Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your better off looking elsewhere for power, as doing it right wont net you anything major and doing it wrong can cost you an expensive MAF

Just leave the stocker in there and leave the screen in, its fine for alot of HP.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Lots of other things will be the restrictions before the size or flow of the MAF restricts HP. TB size, elbow before TB, CAI in front pf MAF, etc.

The MAF also measures how much air is going past it and this info is relayed to the PCM and it figures out how much fuel to spray from injector. The computer tune can adjust this info and eventually get it re calibrated by "hands on" tuning from a skilled tuner and lots of time if using a ported MAF or MAF ends but a mail order tune is NOT gonne be exact the first time.

As mentioned, the other things are restricting flow far greater than the restrictions in the MAF so there is really no reason to use the MAF ends until you have a serious set up with lots of these restrictions removed, a good set of heads, big cam, big headers, etc, that require more flow than the stock MAF can handle (450+ RWHP) AND have your own tuning equipment that you are very good at using.

Lloyd
Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Ok , I'll wait for the LE2 h/c kit . I was just thinking somebody tried it and had some in put . It only costs around $76 so I figured it was a quick bolt on . I already have a Moroso CAI , Pacesetter LT , electric wp , LE ported intake to 58mm , stock tb , stock elbow without donkey tube , msd coil , auto trans , street tires ran a best time of 13.5 @ 103 mph . I'm thinking about a 3600 Yank stall before the h/c kit .
Old 08-23-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

A stall would be a great idea, and a 3600 is an even better idea. Especially if you have plans for an LE2 setup... Some people think a 3500-3600 is/will be too much stall, but its really where you want to be if your doing any kind of head/cam work and want to get the most from it. Wont be too much different from stock either.

Just dont skimp on the stall converter, spend the money and get a Vig or something..

Quick Reply: Ported Maf ends