Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my exhaust-ARH & Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my exhaust-ARH & Magnaflow

Here's a few pics of my header and exhaust stuff. Not the best pictures on the headers, but i figured i would share what i have. Basically the install was simple on the headers and y pipe, the motor mounts are another story though.

Drivers side

Passenger side

Ground clearance

Before the headers i had a GMMG on the car, but after the headers the car was a little loud for my taste so i switched the a maganflow. I ended up cutting the tips off and using some gibson turndowns which was inspired by Theblurls1's setup, then painting it all black.

I am really happy with the look and the sound. The magnaflow doesn't seem to have the rasp as i heard on the soundclips. I thought this could possibly be related to the y pipe merge.
Overall the ARH system is top notch, i could not be happier with the fitment and the quality of the products. The magnaflow is great as well, just didn't like the tips
Old 08-22-2008, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSexiness
I am really happy with the look and the sound. The magnaflow doesn't seem to have the rasp as i heard on the soundclips. I thought this could possibly be related to the y pipe merge.
Yeah I noticed this too. When I was deciding on an exhaust, the Magnaflow sound clips seemed raspy. Turns out it sounds pretty different in person. My Pacesetters/TSP ORY/Magnaflow setup doesn't have that rasp either.

Glad you like your new setup.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have ARH's and a Magnaflow quad tip and there is no rasp. I think the y-pipe has something to do with it as well.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

you have no rasp cause you have a catted y
Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The merge helps but the cats play a much larger role. The ARH merge is decent, but the Flowmaster merge is a lot better by comparison, and cars still rasp with a Flowmaster merge and no cats. Either way, glad you're happy with your setup.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
you have no rasp cause you have a catted y
Not true. I have an ARH off road y-pipe, and have no rasp.