Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Insurance and dealership suck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance and dealership suck!

So its going on 3 weeks that my POS has been at the dealership now getting the ring pinion bearing in the rear end replaced or better yet a whole new rear(car has 39k barely). But what pissed me off is that it would have been done sooner if the stupid *** extended warranty people didnt take a whole fucken week to "approve" the repairs plus a whole week to get the part to my dealership because they didnt want to let the dealership use the parts they had in stock.So after they got everything its been over 1 fucken week and its still not ready!!

now what really sucks is that the car should have been at CMS weeks ago getting the h/c,clutch, lt's done but instead its sitting at the dealership with a bunch of douchebags who keep telling me its gonna be ready on monday and its already saturday morning *******!!

but yeah at least im getting a fresh rear for free to beat up on with the extra power once cms gets done with it
Old 08-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man hopefully **** works out for you, isent the corvette differential joined with the tranny?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Veteran

what dealer did you go to? rotolo? i used to work for them and they are ******** period in the service department.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dunno how they are joined exactly but yeah its the tranny then the differential together. this **** has me stressed out tho man, especially when I had to argue for hours on end because the insurance claims guy wanted to void my warranty simply because I had 315 rear tires! wtf?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
what dealer did you go to? rotolo? i used to work for them and they are ******** period in the service department.
actually rotolo has been good to me in the past, im dealing with mark christopher right now simply because i didnt want to drive up sierra to go to rotolo lol. The guy there is cool and all but damn do they suck with finishing **** up
Old 08-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Banned

the dealership is going to try to **** you over for anything so they dont loose money
Old 08-23-2008, 03:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ae13291
the dealership is going to try to **** you over for anything so they dont loose money
actually the only one's who are getting screwed is my extended warranty insurance. I just pay the 70 bucks for the deductible. Only reason im pissed is cuz my insurance company are ******** and the dealership is too damn slow LOL.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Banned

lol wow, sucks to not have your car for that long, but its sure worth it for them to change ur diff completly, it would be kool if u can get the Z06 rear gears in there, i think there 3.42 right?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

3.42 is what i have stock. what really blows is that it would have been out of cms already if i could have taken it when i had the appointment but i couldnt cuz of this bullshit. so its still slow and i still dont have it lol.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Banned

^^ ur doing heads and cam? do u know what ur getting? specs on cam, heads?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
I dunno how they are joined exactly but yeah its the tranny then the differential together. this **** has me stressed out tho man, especially when I had to argue for hours on end because the insurance claims guy wanted to void my warranty simply because I had 315 rear tires! wtf?
dealer ship can void ur warranty for any "mod" my buddy for example snapped his rear end and they didnt want to cover it under warranty because he had drag radials on so he had to change them to the stock tires..**** i work at the mercedes dealer but we dont care for mods lol
Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
3.42 is what i have stock. what really blows is that it would have been out of cms already if i could have taken it when i had the appointment but i couldnt cuz of this bullshit. so its still slow and i still dont have it lol.
are they replacing you tranny and diff, or just your diff, i am a little confused from your previous post
Old 08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
dealer ship can void ur warranty for any "mod" my buddy for example snapped his rear end and they didnt want to cover it under warranty because he had drag radials on so he had to change them to the stock tires..**** i work at the mercedes dealer but we dont care for mods lol
No they can't.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
No they can't.
yes they can..
Old 08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes they can..
You're still wrong no matter how many times you say it.

Educate yourself:

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

http://www.sema.org/Main/SemaOrgHome.aspx?ID=50100

Consider yourself smarter now that you know the truth.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

ok...? im a service manager at the mercedes dealer i think i know what im talkin about bry...the service writer can easily void your warranty if any mod is in the car lets say any AMG mercedes comes in with pullies exhaust etc or even just a filter the the service write can void it but thats if the service writer wants to be an *******...we had a guy come in he had a CL65 amg his 2 front shocks busted he had HRE rims with a lowprofile tire the service writer voided the warranty because the guy hit a huge pot hole ..i guess mercedes is more stricter than other dealers..but most of the guys here are pretty cool on "mods"

You're still wrong no matter how many times you say it.

Educate yourself:

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

http://www.sema.org/Main/SemaOrgHome.aspx?ID=50100

Consider yourself smarter now that you know the truth.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok...? im a service manager at the mercedes dealer i think i know what im talkin about bry...the service writer can easily void your warranty if any mod is in the car lets say any AMG mercedes comes in with pullies exhaust etc or even just a filter the the service write can void it but thats if the service writer wants to be an *******...we had a guy come in he had a CL65 amg his 2 front shocks busted he had HRE rims with a lowprofile tire the service writer voided the warranty because the guy hit a huge pot hole ..i guess mercedes is more stricter than other dealers..but most of the guys here are pretty cool on "mods"
You are missing the point, read what I linked.

The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty.

When you stated the dealership can void your warranty "for any mod", you were wrong. They can only void the warranty if it caused the failure of the part being replaced by warranty.

C'mon man, as the Service Manager at a Mercedes dealership you gotta know this stuff.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

i see wat u are saying but i still think im right

You are missing the point, read what I linked.

The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty.

When you stated the dealership can void your warranty "for any mod", you were wrong. They can only void the warranty if it caused the failure of the part being replaced by warranty.

C'mon man, as the Service Manager at a Mercedes dealership you gotta know this stuff.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

^^ all that means is that if your rear end blows and you have a CAI they cant void it. But if you have drag radials which could directly contribute to thrashing a rear-end, they dont have to honor the warranty.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by primer84z
^^ all that means is that if your rear end blows and you have a CAI they cant void it. But if you have drag radials which could directly contribute to thrashing a rear-end, they dont have to honor the warranty.

like i said if the sevice writer wants to be a dick he can void it

Quick Reply: Insurance and dealership suck!