Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LED Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Turn Signals

Alright so i'm finally getting fed up with replacing my turn signal housings on account of the connector over heating from the bulb and melting the housing. I want to go with LEDs all around. I know i need an electronic flasher for both the turn and hazards so i don't have to put in the balancing resistors.

I've seen on some of the LED turn signal bulbs on some sites specifically say not for use with GM's DRLs. I like the DRLs. Does anyone have a setup that works and is all LEDs?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Launching!

There's a sponsor here (LINK REMOVIED) who offers what you're looking for. They have a DRL kit in white or amber. I just ordered one in amber about a week ago; when it comes in I'll post up pics (unfortunately, they're not the fastest when it comes to shipping). They also have LEDs for your side marker lights and tail lights at pretty reasonable prices.

You will need a new EL12 flasher or else your turn signals won't work because the car will think they're burned out. You can get this from that website for $20 or Autozone for $10-$15.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 08-24-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: LED VAULT IS NOT A SPONSOR
Old 08-24-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Is it just me or do all the bulbs in the f-bodies seem to get so incredibly hot they melt the sockets?

I just replaced two melted sockets.. am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ten, LEDVault is not a sponsor. You may discuss the products, but do not post links. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

hey man, i had the same problems when i got fed up with it. I ordered led bulbs off ebay....cheap and looks bad ***. I didnt get any electronic flasher things or anything which the only thing i lost is the turn sigs stay on when i click it rather than flashing.......eh. Deff worth not replacing them every month so screw sigs at this point. Hope i could help, prolly not but a guy could dream. hahahha
Old 08-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by vert_z
I didnt get any electronic flasher things or anything which the only thing i lost is the turn sigs stay on when i click it rather than flashing.......eh.
An electronic flasher will fix that
Old 12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

I have them, but for some reason they're not as bright. I have the switchbacks and the running lights during hte day are duller than the bulbs were. The socket was maybe a tiny bit corroded, would that make that much of a difference
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xRelapse13
The socket was maybe a tiny bit corroded, would that make that much of a difference
Corrosion = resistance. Resistance = less electricity available to light your lights. Simple answer, yes.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

i checked out that website, since ill be needing some for the clear corner's i bought. this is probably a stupid question but do i get the daytime running light led bulbs?? wanna makre sure i get the right ones, and also. do i need 1 or 2 of the flasher unit??

ill also be getting the interior kit too. anything else needed with that??

Quick Reply: LED Turn Signals