Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners and Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPTuners and Oil Pressure

I am working on an LS conversion in my 1970 Corvette and wanting to log oil pressure just for my own information. I have the stock harness from the camaro and have the wire that went to the oil pressure gauge inside my 70. I was just wondering if there is a way to get HP Tuners to log oil pressure? Has anyone set it up to do this and is it possible to do it using the wire going to the oil pressure gauge.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I believe on the f-cars the oil pressure signal doesn't actually run through the PCM because it doesn't reference it for anything so there will be no oil pressure reading though HPT. I know for sure that it is normal because my 2001 Z28 did the same when I tried to log oil pressure. basically the oil pressure sender is connected directly to the gauge in the dash and doesn't go though the PCM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

correct, F-Body's do not send oil pressure through the PCM, only Y-Body harnesses
Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by horist
correct, F-Body's do not send oil pressure through the PCM, only Y-Body harnesses
That's okay too. It does not need to go through the PCM for my needs. You can read wideband 02 with HP Tuners. I am thinking you can do the same with HP Tuners somehow. I am not using the electric gauge that was in the camaro.

I have the wire that went to the camaro oil pressure gauge in the 70. I was thinking that maybe this wire could be connected to HP Tuners somehow. If the wire is a 0-5v, could a gauge on the HP Tuner Scanner be added and call it Oil Pressure. I have the Pro version with 5 inputs. I was thinking the camaro gauge wire could be added to one of those inputs and used as Oil Pressure.

I think I am making sense. I am also very green when it comes to this software, so help me along.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

If your fuel pressure sender has a 0-5 volt output you can wire it thru an unused input on the PCM. The fuel pressure link in my sig, although EFILive specific, is a very similar concept of logging fuel pressure thru the PCM's unused EGR input.

Quick Reply: HPTuners and Oil Pressure