Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

the s/c noob rebuild thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default the s/c noob rebuild thread

ok i have basicly started this for advice and to post my rebuild of my 99 ws6 6sp with a procharger p1sc kit on it

a bit of the back story is about this time last year i sold my 10second n20 camaro and bought the ws6 with 120k on the clock and a procharger on it that had 20k on it

fast forward a 5 months i now have a serious knock coming from the motor and i decided to store it and save to fix it and pick up parts while i am at it........which now in hindsight was a bad idea i should have just pulled the motor
and see what damage was done but welp....i didnt

now here are the parts i have for my buildand this is what i am really needing help with

stock block (IF it isnt damaged)
stock crank
used diamond boost pistons
used manley h-beam rods 6.125
ls6 intake
ls6 cam (really just had this to use with the stock bottom end......but now i can go bigger on this with forged motor so i was looking at like a tr224/224 on a 112lsa or they do have a "blowr" cam also) <<<<help!!!!!!!
obviously i will use arp bolts and get new valve train peices ie. rockers/springs/rods and will be making an apointment with thunder racing to have it tuned

but really guys i know i am a full on squid when it comes to building motors and a good set-up and thats why i am asking for advice on here with some of the best boosted lsx guys

here are some pics of the car

thanks for looking and reading if you still are
chance
Old 08-24-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

you need to look up KP build
Old 08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

well i have read quite a bit about kp's bird but thats not what i am looking for

i am looking for advice on the set-up with the parts i listed........i understand i come across noobish but dude ive read and re-read and with what i know this should be an ok set up

for the record i dont want a race car again just a nice 500-550 hp setup and want to know whats the best way to do this with what i have
Old 08-25-2008, 04:40 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your parts selection looks good, depending on the bore size of the used pistons.
Our blower camshaft works very well with the ATI ProChargers.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=679 Bob
Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Second Club

amen to that^^^
Old 08-25-2008, 05:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
well i have read quite a bit about kp's bird but thats not what i am looking for

i am looking for advice on the set-up with the parts i listed........i understand i come across noobish but dude ive read and re-read and with what i know this should be an ok set up

for the record i dont want a race car again just a nice 500-550 hp setup and want to know whats the best way to do this with what i have
i understand what your saying and from looking at your parts list id say that you will be were you want to be

Quick Reply: the s/c noob rebuild thread