Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious-Nitrous question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Curious-Nitrous question

How many of you folks run nitrous in M6 cars? I have contemplated putting a 100 shot in my car but have kind of stayed away due to it being a M6. I know you can put a window switch in it, but just curious if have had any other issues?
Old 12-06-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

word....i wanna know about this too...i read the nitrous sticky it talked about it but didnt go to in depth.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

I'm running a 200 shot on a camed 02 6 speed with a stock internal and stock headed motor. You just need the right stuff to go along with it and a good tuner.Stand alone fuel system (i run 110 octane in the stand alone system),timming tuner retard box to retard the timing and has a built in window switch,witch in my opinion is a must with a 6 speed (or something equal to that),tr6 spark plugs and a purge to get air out of N20 system.Some of this maybe overkill for a 100 shot but leaves room for more spray in the future.I have been spraying my 02 Z28 for 4 years and is a DD with 78,000 Miles on it(200 shot for bout a year now).Puts a big smile on my face still everytime i spray it lol.Gap your spark plugs tighter,and keep an eye on your spark plugs that can be your best tunning mod that you can do.Good luck with your kit and hope it works out for you.

Last edited by 1 QUIK LS1; 12-07-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Banned

Just make sure you have a window switch and WOT switch, if you are going to run more than a 100 shot make sure you pull some timing...Oh and run colder plugs and 93 octane!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Launching!

I'm on the fence about the dope as well and 1 quik LS1 that was some really good advice. Your pushing me off the fence and putting me on the 100 shot side. If I do decide to do it I will get the read deal set up like you've mentioned.

So your spraying through every gear huh? With the WOT switched wired in or can you possible flip the switch right when you shift second? Because I can't get an traction now with BRAND NEW tires. They're not DRs but still. They're the tires I want for turns/handleing.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

only downfall is traction (on street tires) and breaking driveline parts if you have rubber. haha but if you put a ton of power(no matter how) to stock drivetrain then.... well its to be exspected. mine is pretty simple, hold the button in my hand with the steering wheel and push it when i want and let off when i cant hold it straight. haha
Old 12-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Gold, are you A4 or M6?

Yeah I've had the car for about 6 years and I know I'm on barrowed time as it is with the rod bolts and rear end. Have a rebuilt t-56 too, the rear will surely go out soon enough. That's why I really don't launch it off the line a lot. I like to really only go WOT in second and every now n then in 1st. But in first it spins so what's the point. The juice would help with 2nd-5th.

I'm thinking if I do juice it and take it to the track I'll at least need DRs an maybe slicks. I just have a feeling the 10 bolt will **** on the staging lane, lol.

Last edited by blubox; 12-08-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:31 AM
TECH Resident

im M6. only thing i can tell you is to abuse your clutch. slip the hell out of it instead of dumping it. that will save your drivetrain.... maybe... but the clutch will pay so.... yeah
Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Launching!

So gold, do you spray in first gear? What kinda tires do you have and do you spin like crazy?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Mine is set up to come on at WOT at 3000-6300 rpms if you spin or you get out of shape you simply let of and spray cuts off until you get back in it again and your spraying again(As long as your above 3000 rpms).I'm still running a stock rear with 4.10's and yes i've broke it alot lol,however you can make it last longer by learning the fine line between slipping and dumping the clutch(and i do mean a fine line lol)i've been on the same rear this time for over a year this round.Forget about it on street tires lol lol,at 60 mph on goodyear 315-35-17 F1'S it crosses up on me but i don't really spray it much on regular street tires it is pointless and may mess something up because of reving so fast because of it spinning that bad.I have a set of ET streets on some other rims for when i go to the track(27-10.5-15's on centerline pro convo's).Yes i spray from 1st on.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

on a good road, with a little luck i can hook for a 40 roll on regular tires, sometimes..... i only spray first without my mickey's on when i want to put on a show or give someone the ride of there life. haha there are alot of good nitrous controllers out there that have gear lockouts and such, it makes it nice for bracket racing to be more consistant and set it up for tire/track conditions. or for the less exsperianced driver. but it takes the driving out of it. i like to control it when i want it
Old 12-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

I like having control of it also no progressive controller or anything like that here,all at once lol makes for a fun ride lol.But if your really trying to get the best time possiable and having traction problems progressive controllers work wonders.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 QUIK LS1
Mine is set up to come on at WOT at 3000-6300 rpms if you spin or you get out of shape you simply let of and spray cuts off until you get back in it again and your spraying again(As long as your above 3000 rpms).I'm still running a stock rear with 4.10's and yes i've broke it alot lol,however you can make it last longer by learning the fine line between slipping and dumping the clutch(and i do mean a fine line lol)i've been on the same rear this time for over a year this round.Forget about it on street tires lol lol,at 60 mph on goodyear 315-35-17 F1'S it crosses up on me but i don't really spray it much on regular street tires it is pointless and may mess something up because of reving so fast because of it spinning that bad.I have a set of ET streets on some other rims for when i go to the track(27-10.5-15's on centerline pro convo's).Yes i spray from 1st on.
I see, I see, I'm only looking to spray a 100 shot. I might be interested in the gear lock out if it's something that can be turned on and off. If it's programed in permanately then prolly not. Is it like a box you can program in just a few minutes or something you need maybe a laptop for or what? I'm only pushin like 360RWHP so I think I'd be able to handle 2nd w/100 shot. I've had the car for 6 years and have mad handles.

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
on a good road, with a little luck i can hook for a 40 roll on regular tires, sometimes..... i only spray first without my mickey's on when i want to put on a show or give someone the ride of there life. haha there are alot of good nitrous controllers out there that have gear lockouts and such, it makes it nice for bracket racing to be more consistant and set it up for tire/track conditions. or for the less exsperianced driver. but it takes the driving out of it. i like to control it when i want it
Hmm sounds like a good idea though to lock out first when you need too. Wouldn't want it to be locked out all the time. Obviously there is no reason to spray first on the street with street tires...