Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any sponsors rebuild Cold Fusion Solenoid??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any sponsors rebuild Cold Fusion Solenoid??

I have been chasing some really odd problems with my nitrous since installing. I had the nitrous put on the car, put in a safe nitrous tune, and raced at the track on a 100shot. The car picked up 2mph. On top of that, and more importantely, the car really had a bad hesitation, almost like a carbed motor that was loading up when i was in the second half of the track.

My suspicions were confirmed when i took it to the dyno. On a 150 hit, the car only made 100. To get the 100 out of it, i actaully had to lean out the jet setup to get there. The kit is a wet kit. I am positive the fuel is hitting, and I can hear the clicking on the noids when i tested them and it was pig rich on the dyno). What happens is the nitrous kind of falls on it's face at around 5k. So bad, in fact, that it temporarily loses rpm on the dyno. I have planned to spray 200 through the kit, but now am having problems with just a 100 or 150 hit.

I "think" there is either trash in the solenoid, or this is a bad solenoid i am dealing with. Are there any sponsors that can take a look at it for me? I was told it is just a standard 3-port Peter Paul solenoid.

Thanks!
Tim
Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim,
I just read your post... Since we already figured out the problem through pms I am assuming you may not need the solenoid looked at. If you would still like to have it looked at I will look at it for you...

Dave
Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Tim,
I just read your post... Since we already figured out the problem through pms I am assuming you may not need the solenoid looked at. If you would still like to have it looked at I will look at it for you...

Dave

Dave,

Thanks! I would definately appreciate it. I have already got all the upgraded parts here locally from a speed shop in town to upgrade to a -6 feed line. I would like to send the solenoid for you guys to go through it. I just haven't found anything yet that would cause it to screw up the flow like it has been. I will pm you about the process of sending it in.

Thanks!
Tim!

Quick Reply: Any sponsors rebuild Cold Fusion Solenoid??