Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The Best Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Best Forced Induction

I was just looking around at forced induction for the ls1. i want to get a 01/02 t/a m6 sometime.

I was trying to find an easy way to get power, but keep the car's economy good so i can still use it for a daily driver during while there isnt any snow.

i was looking at the sts rear mounted system, but i have found many problems that people have had with them on here, so i wasnt sure. and superchargers seem to suck gas down all the time.

So what would be the best turbo to get, while not doing any other serious upgrades to the car right away, but can be built up later, and will get the best milage and drivability out of the car?

thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with you wanting to have a good economic car and sounds that you might be on a budget since you said you will do serious upgrades down the road. Get ready to spend 4-6K at least for the kit and then another 5-6 for a motor build a few months later, another 2k for tranny, another 2500 for rearend. it goes on and on...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like you need nitrous. FI horsepower is expensive **** but dont right you can accomplish just about anything. What goals do you have power wise, ET, MPG and what's the budget?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
Sounds like you need nitrous. FI horsepower is expensive **** but dont right you can accomplish just about anything. What goals do you have power wise, ET, MPG and what's the budget?
Tell me about it...sitting at around $20k right now and it's not done yet, but it will be a bad **** when it's done
Old 08-26-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLoosh
I was trying to find an easy way to get power, but keep the car's economy So what would be the best turbo to get, while not doing any other serious upgrades to the car right away, but can be built up later, and will get the best milage and drivability out of the car?

thanks
Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for ya!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

well the way i looked at it, a turbo with the boost not set crazy high, can get me a decent amount of power, nothing to serious, can always be improved later after the engine gets built up real good. plus it wont produce boost unless im getting into it so i should beable to cruise without tossing money away left and right.

i was looking to put in a new rear end, and a better clutch in the car as the first upgrades.

i just don't want to go to crazy on the engine and make it so its fast as hell but cant drive it very much. it may be fun at the time, but id rather have something i can take out when ever i feel.

im going to try to do a lot of research into the best route before its done, because when i do get to doing what i want, money shouldn't be to big of an issue, i just don't like to waste it on things that don't get me anywhere and that could have been spent where it would really have made a difference. I like first hand advice from people that have done things and tried things.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoosh
I was just looking around at forced induction for the ls1. i want to get a 01/02 t/a m6 sometime.

I was trying to find an easy way to get power, but keep the car's economy good so i can still use it for a daily driver during while there isnt any snow.

i was looking at the sts rear mounted system, but i have found many problems that people have had with them on here, so i wasnt sure. and superchargers seem to suck gas down all the time.

So what would be the best turbo to get, while not doing any other serious upgrades to the car right away, but can be built up later, and will get the best milage and drivability out of the car?

thanks
I know exactly where you are coming from on this. I would highly recommend the Procharger D1SC 8 rib setup. I drove my car 750 miles home when I bought it, has the a/c on, a full set of tires and wheels in the back (yeah, I probably looked a little hillbilly there), and the other stock parts, and got a little over 27 mpg. And my car had put down 475 to the rear wheels on a Mustang dyno.

I highly recommend buying something that is already put together when buying a FI car. You will end up saving a lot of money. I bought my car with the D1SC already installed and some other supporting mods, but the rest of the drivetrain is pretty stock. I recently swapped a Spec 3+ in because the stock clutch finally bit the dust. I was able to put about 3500-4000 miles on it. I am saving up to get a 9" in it and the other rear suspension components to try to put some of that power to the street instead of a cloud of smoke!

The cost of FI is high, but your car can drive around like a stock car and put impressive numbers down. The sticky about the real cost of FI is very true. Be prepared.

Used parts can help save a bunch of money as well. Keep an eye out on the threads on here for parts and/or entire cars. There seems to be some decent deals that go through with a FI setup on a car for sale.

Best of luck and hopefully soon you will be part of the FI club.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

D1SC for ease of install, the fact that you can get it to you within a few weeks,a nd that its a proven performer. Set it at 7-8 psi max and you should get a decent amount of time out of it on your stock shortblock. Look at EPP's website for their complete package. STS performs pretty well but there are a bunch of kinks you need to get worked out before it performs to its maximum capabilities. As for turbo kits id say APS or Kentucky Turbo.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Procharger!! D1 Son!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by T/AWS6969
Procharger!! D1 Son!!!
Whats this thing you call procharger???
Old 08-27-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/567592-real-price-forced-induction.html

procharger gets my vote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Procharger

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798
Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

does anyone have a turbo on a m6, i was curious, ive heard you dont get the boost in 1st and alot of second, but then again i heard the boost comes as soon as the rpms are there. vidoes would be nice too lol
Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned

we know about reality...don't ruin the fantasy.
kids!?

Quick Reply: The Best Forced Induction