Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMHTP Covers Late Model Speeds LS1 F body magnacharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMHTP Covers Late Model Speeds LS1 F body magnacharger kit

G.M. HighTech Performance Mag. recently did an article about our F-Body kit.
From start to finish Take a look.
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...kit/index.html
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, we know. You posted it like 2 weeks ago.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...eed+model+late

We also know you sell the maggie kits. Probably no need to post that over and over again.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/976323-late-model-speed-f-body-magnuson-kit.html
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned

Do you run a business? If so, do you advertise, or do just hope people know what you have to offer.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

My Q is the MAF. If one does not use EFI live and only uses say Predator programing, will I have to set every thing back to stock and then reprogram my parameters over once I get the ECM back from you ?
Thanks.
PS I run a business and word of mouth and advertising is king, TS6 obviously you don't...

Last edited by 99SSragtop; 08-27-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rick@latemodelspeed
Do you run a business? If so, do you advertise, or do just hope people know what you have to offer.
Rick, about advertising, no problem with posts like this but lets be a bit more specific. You told TS6 that maybe there are some out there that don't know that you guys have a maggie kit for LS1 f bodies.....but you failed to mention it in your subject header or in your first post.

I fixed your subject so that it is a bit more specific in what you are trying to get across.

Late Model Speed in G.M. HighTech Performance Mag.

That was your old subject header.

This is the one I put up:

GMHTP Covers Late Model Speeds LS1 F body magnacharger kit

Also your first post only mentions that it did an article about your "kit"
turbo kit? supercharger kit? N20 kit? Sewing kit?

See what I mean, it also helps those that are searching if the terms they are searching for are listed in the subject or in the body of the post...i.e. LS1 Fbody magnacharger kit.

Is this a complete kit for $6,495.00?

http://www.lmspeed.com/
J
Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99SSragtop
PS I run a business and word of mouth and advertising is king, TS6 obviously you don't...

Well smart guy, I've been self employed since I was 18 (30 now) and I've done damn near every type of advertising. Word of mouth is best, in fact I no longer do any media forms of advertising (papers, TV, radio, etc). In my field it doesn't seem to help. My most recent attempt at becoming memorable was to vinyl wrap my trucks. It seems to work, and they look cool as hell. Maybe LMS could take a cue and kick out a car that outperforms a H/C setup and run a good enough number to impress customers?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

I'll be polite and hold back, why don't you hold your comments to your self and let them run their business the way they want to run it.Rick may have not of worded it correctly, we not all perfect.
If you don't like their product that's fine be a little more mature and leave your comments to your self.
Oh by the way, I've got 10 years on you and 10 years business smarts on you.

Last edited by 99SSragtop; 08-27-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TS6
Well smart guy, I've been self employed since I was 18 (30 now) and I've done damn near every type of advertising. Word of mouth is best, in fact I no longer do any media forms of advertising (papers, TV, radio, etc). In my field it doesn't seem to help. My most recent attempt at becoming memorable was to vinyl wrap my trucks. It seems to work, and they look cool as hell. Maybe LMS could take a cue and kick out a car that outperforms a H/C setup and run a good enough number to impress customers?
What does that mean?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Got me Rick ?????
Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rick@latemodelspeed
What does that mean?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't yours the car that ran like mid 11's with heads, cam, AND your blower? What I'm saying is build a car (for you or a customer) that lays down a really good ET and you will have more people buying your kit.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't yours the car that ran like mid 11's with heads, cam, AND your blower? What I'm saying is build a car (for you or a customer) that lays down a really good ET and you will have more people buying your kit.
Where you there for his run ? Maybe he hard traction issues ?
I don't understand why you keep slamming this guy and company ?
Your not helping his cause.
Jees
Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99SSragtop
Where you there for his run ? Maybe he hard traction issues ?
I don't understand why you keep slamming this guy and company ?
Your not helping his cause.
Jees
He posted the times, even IF he had traction issues (the car was on a sticky tire) the MPH wasn't very impressive either.

I'm not slamming him, I have only posted facts. I've seen several other types of cars make good numbers on twin screws but I've yet to see one of his do anything a mild H/C setup can't do. I think if he built a FAST maggie car he'd get more interest. Lets face it, mid-upper 11's in these days ain't ****. Why would anyone spend thousands to make 450-500 RWHP when for the same money you can go faster with less work?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TS6
He posted the times, even IF he had traction issues (the car was on a sticky tire) the MPH wasn't very impressive either.

I'm not slamming him, I have only posted facts. I've seen several other types of cars make good numbers on twin screws but I've yet to see one of his do anything a mild H/C setup can't do. I think if he built a FAST maggie car he'd get more interest. Lets face it, mid-upper 11's in these days ain't ****. Why would anyone spend thousands to make 450-500 RWHP when for the same money you can go faster with less work?
Tell you what, RPM Transmission is putting on a track day at Muncie Sept 5th, the white Z28 in the video will be there. You want to see for yourself, or better yet, shows us what fast is all about, we would be more than happy to accomodate you.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

It went 11.97 at 116, right? If thats the one I'm thinking of I don't think my car is a fair race for it.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Alright TS6 you had your say, please quit clouding up LMS thread, leave the post.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TS6

You are slamming him. Reread your posts.
First off the very first time I read his post on a Maggy for an FBody he plainly stated the car was stock with just the blower on it.
I think the main goal was to bring to the table that if you just slap on a blower this is what you'll get.
A lot of people, myself included, may just do that and not bother with any other mods. This will give the buyer reliability and emission compliant car.
Whats wrong with that?
You keep pushing faster & faster numbers and I don't think that was there intent.
They did indicate that if you add H/C power out put will increase greatly.
My 2 cents.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK enough is enough.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick - Awesome to get that kind of coverage, and I hope you sell the hell out of your kits. Anxious to see that camaro run the numbers many of us KNOW it's capable of running. Keep up the good work...

Tony
Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Rick is it tough to lower the engine cradle? any special steps ?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

TS6 enough with the thread hijack.

ADMIN

Quick Reply: GMHTP Covers Late Model Speeds LS1 F body magnacharger kit