Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Kit Questions

My current stock set up w/Hawk HPS pads and cross/drilled slotted rotors aren't cutting it anymore. The brake lines are good, dot fluid good, pads still are in great shape and the rotors are in great shape; but I just can't stop as well I used to. After my mods and the gain in hp, my stopping power has greatly decreased- it gets annoying to have to break more aggressively all the time to avoid rear ending people in rush hour L.A. traffic. I also plan to do track runs once I get better brakes and fix a couple of other things.
So I am considering getting a BBK... the Baer 6p Pro Plus setup is at the top of my list (http://www.baer.com/products/complete/pro-plus.php) and I am wondering if this would fit in my stock black 17x9.5 ZR1 rims? Also does anyone have any other BBK suggestions aside from this Baer kit? And does anyone know why there are no full kits out there for us that include a rear brake set up?
Sorry about all the questions
Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Then something is wrong with your brakes. Increasing hp doesn't ruin your brakes either. For street driving, stock brakes are perfectly fine. If you have a problem with your master cyl, then you'd end up blowing all that money on a Baer brake kit and still would have brake problems.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

+1 on being that the master cylinder could be bad. i have the same prob, just have not got around to fixing it

Quick Reply: Brake Kit Questions