LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pictures of my engine.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures of my engine.

here are some pictures of my car. im going to get alot more later when i jack it up and post you guys some nice pics so it might be easier to help me out.

the pipe coming off the bottom of the intake, idk what it is. THIS PIPE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED SINCE I BOUGHT THE CAR, i'd like to know wtf it goes to and what it would do.

pcv valve, i found it

the breather

the breather again...

and again....

this is what the breather connects to.

WHAT IS THAT BLUE THING?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the last pic. Thats for the opti vent.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

ok so the first thing you are wondering about is where coolant used to run thru your throttle body for cold start ups just like the guy told you in your last thread. it only hurts you car really. no one has ever heard of the blades on the throttle body freezing shut so i dont see why you would need coolant heating your throttle body up cause it will only make the intake air much hotter.

i did that mod myself about a month ago never noticed any gains but i know cooler air is better for my engine.

so once again don't worry about the first picture where there is nothing connected thats a good thing that you don't have to do it yourself.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

thx PNYKLR-TA ..lol, just re-assuring myself.

now only if i could get a mechanically-inclined guy to look at my car.

i love to work on my car, i would love to be a mechanic..but sadly, no apps of mine have been taken. i do know alot about cars, but not 1/100th of what a mechanic knows. but enayways, thx lol.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KadinZ
thx PNYKLR-TA ..lol, just re-assuring myself.

now only if i could get a mechanically-inclined guy to look at my car.

i love to work on my car, i would love to be a mechanic..but sadly, no apps of mine have been taken. i do know alot about cars, but not 1/100th of what a mechanic knows. but enayways, thx lol.
its all good buddy! thats what everyone is here for, and just for your own knowledge i actually went to some college coarses to become a mechanic right when i finished high school but after some time i realized that cars are more of a hobby and i would rather make my money some other way.

and in all honesty im pretty new to working on cars myself, sometimes i think i know more than i do and that can get you in trouble quick! best thing i ever did was come on this website and by myself a Chilton guide to my car.

best of luck!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
its all good buddy! thats what everyone is here for, and just for your own knowledge i actually went to some college coarses to become a mechanic right when i finished high school but after some time i realized that cars are more of a hobby and i would rather make my money some other way.

and in all honesty im pretty new to working on cars myself, sometimes i think i know more than i do and that can get you in trouble quick! best thing i ever did was come on this website and by myself a Chilton guide to my car.

best of luck!
yo doode, is that mt lemon i see in that picture there? ohh man i miss arizona. no ******* rain or snow or salt, can drive the bird all day down there.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

haha hell yea it is! i work right on 16th street and northern so dreamy draw is right by my work and we have local meets there everynow and then.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the first is the coolant port for your TB it probably has a TB bypass set up which means no coolant flows through it and when your engine heats up it doesnt heat up the air going into your engine. and the last is the vent for your optispark
Old 08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
the first is the coolant port for your TB it probably has a TB bypass set up which means no coolant flows through it and when your engine heats up it doesnt heat up the air going into your engine. and the last is the vent for your optispark
you should read the thread before answering there Watson, those two comments have already been made
Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

ohh man, when i went down there to airzona, me n my friends all hiked up mt lemon and didnt make it to the water part cuz it was so damn far and we weren't ready for it...my girlfriend ran out of water about 2 miles in =/