Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 5.3 into 1948 Chevy 5 window pickup

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2007 5.3 into 1948 Chevy 5 window pickup

I have my low milage 07 Classic 5.3 and 4L60E ready to mount into my 48 Chevy pickup. I got the engine & transmission complete including side engine mounts and tranny mount. I plan on using the factory mounts and making frame towers & transmission crossmember to bolt up to frame.

If I place a level on the valve covers to level the engine front to back, will this put the transmission out put shaft down about 4 degrees, the same as leveing the carb base on a carburated engine? If not, where is the leveling point when mounting the engine?

I bought this engine as a 2007, but have not confirmed the year by the engine casting number so far. Any way to verify for sure the year. The vin number from the donor vehicle is not available.

I am having some trouble finding a factory manual specific to the year so I can work on the harness. Any suggestions on books and where to get them.

Larry
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Default Mounting 5.3 and 4L60E

I am mounting the engine transmission using a level accross the valve covers to level the engine side to side. I plan to use a degree wheel on the transmission output shaft measuring 4 degrees down.

Is this the correct position??
Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tha should gt you in the right spot. I don't think there is really a "Zero level" spot on the engine. You could place your angle finder on the front of the balancer and get your 4 degrees there. It will follow on back to the outbut shaft.

Sounds like a great project. Best of luck with it

Pat

Quick Reply: 2007 5.3 into 1948 Chevy 5 window pickup