Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil sending unit

Can you guys please tell me where that oil sending unit is? I'm pretty sure I have a bad knock sensor. I say pretty sure because thats what the scan tool said at good old Autozone. I'm not really going to believe them until I have a friend of mine hook up a real scan tool and go through the troubleshooting with me. Anyway if I have to end up having to take the intake off I don't want to brake anything so where is this oil sending unit that I should be worried about. It is a stock intake. Oh can I reuse my intake gaskets or do I need new ones.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Oh and do I need to get a special socket for the knock sensors or will a regular deep socket work? Do I need any special tools to take the intake off like a special tool for the fuel lines. Or can I leave them on and just move the intake out of the way?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

i just did this to my car. The oil sender is right behind it. As for removing it's all fairly easy till you get to the last 4 bolts on the intake in the back. I had alot of problems with it. Fuel lines easy also
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Ok so how to people end up braking them and do you need a special socket for the knock sensors and do you need that fuel line tool I forget what they call it. Or like I said can you just leave it hooked up.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

You just have to be really carefull when you start pulling the intake towards you cause some pipes may get caught with the sending unit and yanking it off. I didn't mess with the knock sensors on mine. and as for fuel lines i just used wrench and socket to loosen bolts then pull from the rail to get them off. They come off as a pair. and you will have to take them off if you need the intake off
Old 08-29-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Try using the search, there are so many pictures and info on this.
Here is the link to Havok's thread about the OPSU. Look at post #9 by me there is a pic of the Oil Pressure Sending Unit.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/977016-help-intake-install.html