Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Best place to get a stock replacement axle

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get a stock replacement axle

I've got a '99 Camaro with the torsen diff and when we were doing the 4.10s recently, I noticed my pass. side axle was pretty fugged up from the wheel bearing. So wheres the best place to get a new stock axle from, and how much do they run? Also, I have the 4channel ABS, does the reluctor ring have to be pressed on?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2003, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Best place to get a stock replacement axle

They are $188 from the dealer. You could order it from one of our dealer sponsors or get it locally. Also, Moser sells stronger ones for about $300/pr. Funny, as I've had two axles messed up where the bearing rides. Crappy hardening process if you ask me. You could also try a junkyard, or the classifieds in here to find a used one.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Best place to get a stock replacement axle

I tried to use the Timken wheel bearing that is made to be fix for this, it sits farther out on the axle, but the damn thing wouldn't go in all the way. The steps that are cut into the side of the race won't hammer all the way into the housing. Didn't find that out till I destroyed the damn bearing tho :-(