Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f-bodies inc - bad experience with wiring book

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-bodies inc - bad experience with wiring book

Has anyone else bought anything on e-bay from f-bodies inc? Over 2 weeks ago I ordered their LSx Engine Swap Wiring book. After a week I contacted them to make sure it shipped, and they said I should have it "any day".

Last Thursday, after nearly two weeks I contacted them again, asking them to send it overnight so I could have it for the long holiday weekend, and they agreed that it would be shipped. Again, nothing.

I contacted them a third time, and begged them to at least send me an electronic copy so that I could get SOMETHING done this weekend, and they sent me a tracking number for USPS (3-4 days) of which the post office cannot confirm receipt of the package.

I feel like I have been reasonable in my requests, and they have repeatedly lied to me. Has anyone else had problems with these guys?

Also, I could obviously use some help getting started wiring my LS1. I have read the sticky, printed the schematics, and read through Nathan's site - anything else I should look at?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Good Luck! I have seen some guys on TGO have been fighting them (some for 6 months) to get stuff shipped.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that blows when something holds you back from working on your car when you have time.

What kind of wiring instructions were included in the book? You can probably find all the info you need here.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

I have been waiting for the book because it promised to have pics and descriptions of every plug and location. I have not started into the wiring project because I basically don't know how to begin. I know I need to figure out how to get hot and switched power from the car's harness (Miata) and somehow hook it into the LS1 harness. Guess I could fumble through finding where each plug goes. I will just start in and see what happens...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I did my first swap I had no clue where to start with the wiring. However, after some reading and a system I wired the car and it started with the first crank

My resources for the wiring information were
1. the FAQ sticky threads from this forum
2. F-body chilton from autozone
3. wiring diagrams printed from alldata at the local library

you can get all those for next to nothing.

Once you have all the wiring info for your engine all you need to do is decide what you need to keep and what needs to be eliminated e.g A/C, emissions, rear O2 sensors etc.

Next provide power to the harness. Some circuits need switched IGN power while others need constant 12V.

Finally get your grounds done

always double check your work and ensure use of proper fuse sizes.

Here is something I wrote when I did mine
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2073647/4
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds about par for the course when it comes to dealing with them....

I waited 4.5 - 5 months for a simple bracket..... Got the run around from them too

-jason
Old 11-21-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump:

This thread is six years old. eBay seller F-bodies_inc is still selling his LSx wiring book and claims it's constantly updated.

Any recent experiences with this book? I'm not asking about shipping issues. I'm wondering about the books content.

Tipsy
Old 11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Teching In

I received my book this week. It didn't have much info on my 2005 truck engine wiring so I emailed them and they sent it via email. It seems to have some helpfull info but if you need something that gives you step by setup instructions on how to rewire for stand alone, (like I was) It's not there.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ablast
I received my book this week. It didn't have much info on my 2005 truck engine wiring so I emailed them and they sent it via email. It seems to have some helpfull info but if you need something that gives you step by setup instructions on how to rewire for stand alone, (like I was) It's not there.
Thanks for the feedback.

Tipsy
Old 11-23-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

http://www.lt1swap.com/

Try that site for free

This site sells wiring and connectors, but has detailed photos of each connector

https://www.eficonnection.com/eficon...n/default.aspx
Old 11-23-2014, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pocket
http://www.lt1swap.com/

Try that site for free

This site sells wiring and connectors, but has detailed photos of each connector

https://www.eficonnection.com/eficon...n/default.aspx
Thanks. I'm familiar with LT1Swap but that site has very little info about the E40 PCM (2006 GTO).

Tipsy
Old 12-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Teching In

I've tried buying an item (dent removal *****) from him, but for some reason (unknown to me- I have never up until this time bought anything from him) he has me blocked.
I have a premonition if any/some content may have been pirated from the chevythunder site?
I would like to buy the book from someone who is dissatisfied just to see.

PM me directly, with any comments, don't post it in a public forum.
Thanks.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Default Do not purchase anything fro f-bodies inc - scammer

Originally Posted by Ablast
I too received this book 2 weeks ago and am very disappointed. The title on eBay says he covers LS3/6.2L. HE DOES NOT! I emailed him and he said he would send pinouts. Wow, big deal, those can be had a various places on-line. To me his book sounded like he would show wiring build layouts. He is a scammer bordering on fraud. All this info in his manual (NOT a book, it's stapled together papers) can be found online. BUYER BEWARE! I am reporting him to eBay but I doubt they will do anything.

Quick Reply: f-bodies inc - bad experience with wiring book