Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 z28 vs. 04 WRX

Old 08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 z28 vs. 04 WRX

Was bored last night so me and the old lady went out cruisin the mean streets of riverside (sarcasm). I was sittin at a light waiting to turn when this blue WRX crusises by on the street i was aout to turn on, i catch up to him and we stay side by side for a while til we catch a light we each give each other the nod and were off surprisingly i hooked pretty well and of course so did he AWD! HAHA he jumps a half a car up immedietley but by the end of first im a bumper ahead and when i shift into 2nd im up a full car, this is when my girl looks at me worried and say "i think he popped a tire" i said no baby thats just his turbo ...classic. Anyways i kept steadily pulling on him til about 115when i was ahead by about 3-4 car lengths then we shut it down he gave me the nod i said nice race through my pa speaker and that was it. as far as i can tell he was stock except for exhaust he said...does this sound right or was he just not that great of a driver?? i was under the impression this were a bit faster?....mods in my sig + 4.10
Old 08-31-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grnmonster
Was bored last night so me and the old lady went out cruisin the mean streets of riverside (sarcasm). I was sittin at a light waiting to turn when this blue WRX crusises by on the street i was aout to turn on, i catch up to him and we stay side by side for a while til we catch a light we each give each other the nod and were off surprisingly i hooked pretty well and of course so did he AWD! HAHA he jumps a half a car up immedietley but by the end of first im a bumper ahead and when i shift into 2nd im up a full car, this is when my girl looks at me worried and say "i think he popped a tire" i said no baby thats just his turbo ...classic. Anyways i kept steadily pulling on him til about 115when i was ahead by about 3-4 car lengths then we shut it down he gave me the nod i said nice race through my pa speaker and that was it. as far as i can tell he was stock except for exhaust he said...does this sound right or was he just not that great of a driver?? i was under the impression this were a bit faster?....mods in my sig + 4.10
haha i was going to put my pa system in my camaro also but decided not to. but it sounds pretty good. now your an lt1 so your more on their "level" but very good kill. wrx arent fast at all. so you winning is correct. now if it was the other way i would be a little worried. i kill wrx all day. yea they have a turbo "weak" turbo that is. but sounds about right. i kill my friends 04 wrx all day. pretty much by bus lengths. so theres a comparison of an ls1 to lt1..
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
haha i was going to put my pa system in my camaro also but decided not to. but it sounds pretty good. now your an lt1 so your more on their "level" but very good kill. wrx arent fast at all. so you winning is correct. now if it was the other way i would be a little worried. i kill wrx all day. yea they have a turbo "weak" turbo that is. but sounds about right. i kill my friends 04 wrx all day. pretty much by bus lengths. so theres a comparison of an ls1 to lt1..
dude put that PA system in its by far the best mod i have ever done hahaha, you can screw with soooooo many peple wit that thing sometimes me and some friends just drivde around to mess with people ...and mine you can hear for a few blocks haha!!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha yea me2. but it also makes siren noises and animal noises. hahaha so you can only imagine how fun it is. i had it in my old bronco before i had the camaro. and i was stuck in traffic once and turned on the siren for the hell of it and everyone moved out of my way! hahaha i couldnt stop laughing. n like also making cow n dog sounds haha freaks people out.

but where in your car do you install it.... pics?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Good Kill
Old 09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
haha yea me2. but it also makes siren noises and animal noises. hahaha so you can only imagine how fun it is. i had it in my old bronco before i had the camaro. and i was stuck in traffic once and turned on the siren for the hell of it and everyone moved out of my way! hahaha i couldnt stop laughing. n like also making cow n dog sounds haha freaks people out.

but where in your car do you install it.... pics?
no pics but for now i just through it under the seat ...dont think its gonna be a permamnent thening so i did not want to do any drilling.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Good Kill
thanks man
Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea i feel you on that. maybe ill end up doing the same. it is def a lot of fun
Old 09-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Teching In

Good kill. I haven't seen a regular WRX that has any ***** to even stay close.

Search this Thread