Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear doesn't look lowered

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear doesn't look lowered

I installed hotchkis springs and koni shocks about 3 or 4 weeks ago and ever since ive had them on the rear doesnt seem to be lowered anywhere near as much as the fronts. I thought the back end would actually be a bit lower than it should be because i have a sub in the drivers side well and 2 amps on an amp rack in the trunk. I just checked to see which direction the pig tails are facing and theyre facing the front of the car. Id like to get the rear to sit a bit lower. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails rear doesn't look lowered-side1-002.jpg   rear doesn't look lowered-mail8.jpg  
Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

The "pig tails" should face the rear...or be in line with the bumper, depending how you look at it. Try that and if that doesn't suit your needs, try doing the hose mod.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

I run hotchkis springs on the rear of my car. They are probaly only an 1" lower.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by fast377
The "pig tails" should face the rear...or be in line with the bumper, depending how you look at it. Try that and if that doesn't suit your needs, try doing the hose mod.

I don't know if aftermarket lower springs require the ends of the "pig tails" to be positioned in a different direction then stock springs(I doubt it), But my GM service manual clearly states "Important:The lower end of the rear spring should be facing forward."
IMO, try the hose mod, as already stated.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quoting Sam:
Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You need to make sure the front perch is in the upper position, you also need to make sure the rear springs are oriented correctly (pigtails running across the back, sort of along the rear bumper line), and that the spings are correctly seated in the upper isolators, the pigtail complete in it's notch and the isolator correctly positioned in the spring pocket (there is a bump up there, and the isolator can hang on it which will raise the car).
Old 09-02-2008, 01:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question

Are you meaning to saying the pigtails, or pigtail ends? There's a difference. The pigtails can be facing the rear while the pigtail ends are facing forward.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same exact problem with the DMS springs and I even did the hose mod and only got like .7-.8'' drop in the rear. You ever find out what was wrong. Could just spinning the spring to correctly align the pigtail ends make that much of a difference?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jefro6996
I have the same exact problem with the DMS springs and I even did the hose mod and only got like .7-.8'' drop in the rear. You ever find out what was wrong. Could just spinning the spring to correctly align the pigtail ends make that much of a difference?
yes it does make a difference and should be corrected if it is not this way

Quick Reply: rear doesn't look lowered