Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need a GOOD LS1 shop/mechanic in South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need a GOOD LS1 shop/mechanic in South Florida

Please PM me.

Preferably in Broward County. Don't say Masport. When I called them a couple of times their customer service was lacking and they said they were backed up for months anyway.

Looking to do everything from belts/pulley/accessories to motor swaps.

Shoot me a PM with contact info

THANKS!

Christopher
Old 09-02-2008, 10:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Wow. You say our customer service is lacking, yet you haven't dealt with us.
Hmmm...

Well, I'll let all of my customers judge for themselves.

I'm honored and privileged to serve the poeple I can. I cannot, however, be held accountable for the way someone feels if they're not willing to schedule an appointment.

As always, many thanks to those that support us from all of us here at Masport Speed Shop!

Cheers!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

I know of a shop but its in Hialeah. You should give them a call. Ive never had a problem with them.

(edit, non-sponsor info)

Last edited by Villain281H; 09-08-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Dan the guy said that on the phone you were lacking and it would be months to get anyone in there.

I have nothing against you guys and Ive been there and meet you. I also remember when I needed my twin turbo vette dyno tuned to get it ready for the LSX shootout and you said you were too busy and could not fit me in even after I said that alot of people would be asking me where I got the car tuned if I did well in the drag radial class.

Sorry but if you cant get the customers in the door you will lose them.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
Sorry but if you cant get the customers in the door you will lose them.
So what do you do? Boot someone off in the middle of a dyno run because someone else called for one? lol

They're sometimes too busy for a customer because they're WITH a customer... Sounds like damn good business to me.

Dan has to be one of the most polite people I've ever met, and his social tact is nothing short of spectacular... However, I've noticed with people that like to swagger he quickly lets you know he has better things to do. If he said that he's simply busy and offered an appointment, I hope that's not construed as "unkind" by the overly sensitive people of today.

I had to wait the same amount of time for three jobs I had done there... OMG, I gotta go somewhere else!!!

If you know about these cars and/or tuning, find someone that knows as much as Dan... If you do, go there.

Thread report card: F

-Feedback on a sponsor from which any services had not been rendered

-Being bitter about needing an appointment for a tuner/installer (Um... Some tuners here with really good reps you have to wait until they are in town a couple of times a year! Dan is primarily a tuner)

-Non sponsor contact info

Please schedule an appointment with your child's teacher for a conference.

Last edited by Villain281H; 09-08-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
I also remember when I needed my twin turbo vette dyno tuned to get it ready for the LSX shootout and you said you were too busy and could not fit me in even after I said that alot of people would be asking me where I got the car tuned if I did well in the drag radial class.
Right. I remember you too. I was pleased to have met you at the dyno night and I thank you once again for coming out.

Regarding your Corvette, you could have easily scheduled an appointment at any time, but you waited weeks (due to work that you needed to do, as you had told me) and ended up calling 2 DAYS before the event trying to get your car in the shop the next day. Is that not correct? I don't turn business away: I schedule it as is most convenient for my customers, and I keep my appointments as I'm sure that my customers' time is important to them.

I have no hard feelings toward anyone who feels our appointment schedule doesn't fit theirs. In the real world, it's inevitable. I'd be remiss, however, if I didn't respond to someone who comments on a phone call they were not involved in. And I promise you that I will never think that any one customer is "better" or "worth more" than another, no matter how big the bribe.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

I waited 5 days for an appointment, wasnt a problem, and the tune was right on. How can anyone who has had work done there, ever say, service is lacking. The guy has dropped his bagel on a sunday morning, and came out to help customers in distress. Things do happen for a reason and not having to deal with people who come from entitlement is a good thing.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

I had my car tuned at masport by Dan and i had no problem getting in. i called about 4 days befor and it wasnt a problem for him. And as far as the service i had to come back by the shop to get my house key and he showed me what he was doing to my computer and what he was changing, he even took the time to explain everything. And at the end of the day when he was done, he need to go out and do something but he waited 30 min for me to get there and do the last dino run and take me for a test drive. Also everytime i call to ask about something, or need my car looked at he remebers me, and i have only been there once.

Even when i called and had questions about a base tune on my buddys camaro that we just put a 6.0 in and we need to get it running so he could take it somewhere to have a tune done. I called over there and he walked me though what need to be done.

Masport has to be one of the best shops in this area. If anyone in this area asks me about where to take there car to have some work done Masport is the only name that comes out of my mouth. Its a shame that i am moving to orlando and have to find a new shop.

P.S. Dan my fuel problem fixed it self. i dont know what the hell was wrong with it.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by theguyulove2hate
Masport has to be one of the best shops in this area. If anyone in this area asks me about where to take there car to have some work done Masport is the only name that comes out of my mouth. Its a shame that i am moving to orlando and have to find a new shop.
No need to worry, brother! We're in the planning stages of getting a 2nd shop set up in the Orlando area. Plan on hanging out with us at the new location up there in September of '09. As usual, me and the rest of our fantastic crew here will continue working for each and every one of you down here in SoFlo (I'll be going back and forth regularly).

We also have a kick-*** event planned that we're still hammering out with the State government and Troopers.

WHOOPS!! Cat's outta the bag now!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
Didn't know HPS was a sponsor...we're all in luck now YAY! Mods, anyone....?
Wouldn't even worry about that.

I had that non-sponsor shop do work for me ONE time . . . well . . . THREE times for the SAME job since they didn't get it right the FIRST time AND they over-charged me something ridiculous

Even though I haven't used your shop Erik; doubtful you, or any other shop for that matter, could be as bad as theirs.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Nonetheless, I appreciate your effort in attempting the acquisition of my business but, as I originally eluded to in my initial post, the person I spoke with was curt and not very helpful.

My Wife does not want to wait "2 months or more" for work done on Her WS6.

I applaud your shop's success and harbor no ill will against it.

But it does not change the fact She wants Her car built in a timely fashion of Her choosing

I'm not talkin' plugs 'n' wires here

Everyone else: PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ONLY if you can do major motor work/swaps, internal engine etc.

Thanks!

Christopher
Old 09-03-2008, 04:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Dragon
But it does not change the fact She wants Her car built in a timely fashion of Her choosing I'm not talkin' plugs 'n' wires here
Good Luck with that!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 3fingas
Good Luck with that!
Yeah . . . I've noticed there's a low number of reputable LS1 shops down here . . . so the wait time for anything is loooooong . . . and that's BEFORE the work begins

She just doesn't wanna wait months BEFORE Her car can go into a shop and begin work.

We're not impatient. I'm not asking for a motor swap in 2 days. My car has been at a shop for 3 weeks now so waiting for work to be completed is no problem; we just want it done correctly
Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

I have to attest to Dan's willingness to fit me in... even when it is rather late-notice. Dan was able to fit me in for minor work... even though they were working on jobs that cost most than 20 times what I was gonna pay them. He spent hours off of other more difficult and more lucrative jobs to take care of me...

if that isn't customer service, i don't know what it. The only shop I recommend is Masport, there ISN'T another place in S.FL. Dan is a great guy, knows what he is doing (which is rare these days) and is not out to rip you off. But hey... what do the hundreds and hundreds of people that continue to go to him know...

BTW... that "place" in Hialeah is a major rip-off and the guy that was mentioned to go visit is a major douche. If they wants business from LS1tech.com then let them pay their dues... just like the many many sponsors on this site.

just my .02
Old 09-03-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

You can get anything done in a timely fashion, but not the best work...

Suppose shop A can get my car in a week and do a so-so job.

Suppose shop B can get my car in four weeks and do an excellent job.

See what I did there?

There's a reason they're this busy folks... Pay them a visit so you can see for yourself.

The "writing is on the wall," but the Babylonians need their car done more quickly it seems.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
Didn't know HPS was a sponsor...we're all in luck now YAY! Mods, anyone....?
0-2... We're about to strike out here!

Okay, I'll bring this down crashing now:

Try Pep Boys speed division. Their phone number is... *gunshot*

bboyferal has received an infraction
Old 09-03-2008, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Hey partner, you don't know what you are talking about! The shop in Hialeah that 99transam666 is talking is a good shop. They have been working on all types of f-bodes and y-body's from L98 cars to Ls7's. They are cool people and you can reason with them. THEY ARE NOT A RIPOFF! If anything they charge to little for the work they do. There customer's car have been mopping up the streets for years. The name of the shop is GM express, Ray and Manny are the owners and they always go the extra mile for their customers. So know what you talking about before you RIP somebody!!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 AM
10 Second Club

No You Dork, I' Am Setting The Record Straight.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 415470hp
No You Dork, I' Am Setting The Record Straight.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

As for me, I'm gonna go find out who whizzed in Erik's corn flakes.

Quick Reply: Need a GOOD LS1 shop/mechanic in South Florida