Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Cadillac...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo Cadillac...

Been tossing around the idea of building a turbo kit for my CTS-V. Wanting to make between 600-700rwhp. I plan on using 317 heads, z06 cam, LS6 intake. Car has 3.73 gears (i dont have many options here, if any at all) and weighs in at 3800lbs (I think). Has anyone ever seen one of these cars turbo'd? As far as I know, there aren't any companies that make any kit for the car, front or rear mounted. I don't know if they dont do it because of market share or because it cant' be done. I figured just throw a Turbonetics TC76 up front and an intercooler (there is about a foot of room between the front bumper and the radiators, maybe about 4-5 cubic feet total) and then figure out the piping from there. Anyone have any ideas? Pics? Seen it done?

There is also the possibility of two smaller turbo's going in the same position as an APS kit. Maybe even possibly using parts of an APS kit for the build.

I've had big stokers in the past but this time I want some boost. Everyone tells me just slap a maggie on it and be done. But I dont want 450rwhp, I want more. I'm not worried about the car having much lag either, the LS6 has plenty of torque, and thecar will be built in mind to be a highway car, similar to most Supra's.

I'm pretty new to turbo's but i'm decently familiar with how they work and what not. I just can't let the next E55/E63 or M5 that's modded make me feel like i'm driving a kia again. It's their turn.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll be interested to see what happens with this one! I've been lurking on here (FI section rather than Nitrous section) since selling my vette and planning my next project. I had intended to get a V after selling the vette, but my driving habits changed for work and I needed to get a DD that I could put a bunch of miles on. Anyway, Once i pay this one off in a few months, I was contemplating a new Camaro or a V and a turbo.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happened to the vette? Good luck with what ever you chose I think Twin GT30Rs would be faster in that car...
Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FRC
I'll be interested to see what happens with this one! I've been lurking on here (FI section rather than Nitrous section) since selling my vette and planning my next project. I had intended to get a V after selling the vette, but my driving habits changed for work and I needed to get a DD that I could put a bunch of miles on. Anyway, Once i pay this one off in a few months, I was contemplating a new Camaro or a V and a turbo.
Just from looking at it... and i've spent alot of time doing so... i dont THINK it would be to difficult for twins or a single up front. Motor mounts seem to be in the way a little bit with twins, but some solid mounts that hug the block... yes solid mounts in my caddy... might fix that.

Originally Posted by Louis
What happened to the vette? Good luck with what ever you chose I think Twin GT30Rs would be faster in that car...
Which one?
Yellow one - Totalled
Black one - Traded in on the V, very wise decision... so far.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OFI was coming out with a turbo kit for the CTS-V, but I haven't heard anything about I lately. Here is a V we recently finished with an ATI ProCharger F-1A that will be racing at the LSX Shootout in October. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29 Bob
Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

DRE in Colorado has done a twin front mount CTS-V
Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
OFI was coming out with a turbo kit for the CTS-V, but I haven't heard anything about I lately. Here is a V we recently finished with an ATI ProCharger F-1A that will be racing at the LSX Shootout in October. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29 Bob
JESUS! That intake tubing had a to be a PITA!!!! But I think thats almost the only way you could do it. Do you have anymore pics of the intake piping coming up the passenger side?

You did an AMAZING job on that V, hope to see video of it soon!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
JESUS! That intake tubing had a to be a PITA!!!! But I think thats almost the only way you could do it. Do you have anymore pics of the intake piping coming up the passenger side?

You did an AMAZING job on that V, hope to see video of it soon!
Thanks, we don't have anymore than the pictures I have on my website. If you'll be at the Shootout in Memphis, we'll have it there so you can check it out. Bob
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thanks, we don't have anymore than the pictures I have on my website. If you'll be at the Shootout in Memphis, we'll have it there so you can check it out. Bob
Wish I could be out there. I'm stuck in TX and my job doesn't let me go very far, but it lets me post all day
Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Louis
I think Twin GT30Rs would be faster in that car...
Originally Posted by High Pressure
DRE in Colorado has done a twin front mount CTS-V
These two things really have me thinking. There is ALOT of room where the cats are/were.

Quick Reply: Turbo Cadillac...