Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qtp Header Question

Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qtp Header Question

I just purchased a set of QTP headers for my 02 ss. What y-pipe and header bolts would you suggest i look into purchasing. Also i have the center exhaust kit and i would like to know what style muffler i can go with, i understand that GMMG and Borla xr1 are fairly good. Any others i should look into?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

do you need emissions? if not go with a off road y pipe. check out arp's header studs. there a little $$ but i love the look of mine with the stainless. also get GM exhaust manifold gaskets, dont use the paper ones. search the sticky at the top for differant catback options.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you need emissions then I have a QTP y pipe with high flow cats with like a 200ish miles on it I will sell you. They retail for like $550 I believe. I will sell mine for $350 shipped. The pipe is in very good condition but I do not need it because I do not need emissions. If you do not need emissions I would suggest getting a custom off road y pipe made with a xr1 muffler.
,Chase
Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, I decided to purchase the QTP ORY and some stage 8 locking bolts. Now i just have to find out what Xr-1 muffler will fit my center mount exhaust...

Search this Thread