Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Security Systems

Old 09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Security Systems

Ladies and Gents,
Just wondering what you all would suggest for alarm systems. I have heard great things about Low Jack, but I hear they are pricey (I am about to look it up). I do not think I need anything that high tech, just a noise maker. I use the club on my car, and am thinking about a fuel cut off switch. I am deployed right now, and someone took off my car cover and tried to siphon my gas the other night. I want to kill bodies right now. The security around my apartment used to be GREAT, but now they have a new guard who thinks sleeping in the laundry room is a good practice. People have had thier gas siphoned, sound systems stolen, and someone took my buddie's four-wheeler, right out of the bed of his truck. This is the second time someone has tried to steal my fuel. They took off the car cover and the gas tank lid was open... they must have gotten interrupted. My car cover is really tight because of the cowl hood, so there is no way it was the wind. Please give me some suggestions and prices if you know them.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you're asking two different things, unless you want Lojack on your stolen gas, in which case, I don't think they make them that small.

If you're deployed, why not just park it at a friend's/relative's house?

As for a security system on a 13 yo LT1, I would think up-to-date insurance payments would be sufficient. (I had to say that man, it was too easy.)
Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Looks like you're asking two different things, unless you want Lojack on your stolen gas, in which case, I don't think they make them that small.

If you're deployed, why not just park it at a friend's/relative's house?

As for a security system on a 13 yo LT1, I would think up-to-date insurance payments would be sufficient. (I had to say that man, it was too easy.)
Fair enough, I walked into that one like a blind, deaf mute into traffic...

I am serious though, I am looking for a security system that is essentially a noise maker unless I can find a low jack that is pretty cheap. I am just tired of freaks trying to steal my ****. They are not trying to hard or the whole car, or at least my rims, would be gone. I have the club on it, but now I want a noise maker to scare off the faint of heart, because people in my complex actually get pissy and walk outside if someone's alarm goes off.

As far as leaving the car with someone, it is staying with my wife and my buddy checks on it once a day, drives it once every week or two. If it keeps happening though, I am getting a storage place to take it to.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

viper GPS has all of the benefits of an alarm and also has a GPS tracking system. Look on their website, they have several to choose from.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
Fair enough, I walked into that one like a blind, deaf mute into traffic...

I am serious though, I am looking for a security system that is essentially a noise maker unless I can find a low jack that is pretty cheap. I am just tired of freaks trying to steal my ****. They are not trying to hard or the whole car, or at least my rims, would be gone. I have the club on it, but now I want a noise maker to scare off the faint of heart, because people in my complex actually get pissy and walk outside if someone's alarm goes off.

As far as leaving the car with someone, it is staying with my wife and my buddy checks on it once a day, drives it once every week or two. If it keeps happening though, I am getting a storage place to take it to.
Since you're in the service and have an f-bod, I'd offer you my garage, but even something cheap like $25-50/mo would be more than the security system you want.

I'd have to charge b/c I'd have to beat my wife due to her complaining, and she would have medical bills I'd have to pay, or I would have to add more alcohol to my daily diet to drown her out. So it's only fair I break even.

Seriously though, I have a garage and a loud dog, what more could I ask for?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Security Systems