LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super
View Poll Results: What to do???????
Fix the Cutlass and leave the Impala SS alone
0%
Fix the Impala SS and sell the Cutlass
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

I'm in the dark reaching for answers....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in the dark reaching for answers....

Hey all:
I have a dilemma last night coming home from school the intake manifold gasket in the Cutty gave out on me. Luckily I was close to repair shop and the guy told me that it would be $700± to repair. Ok, as you all know I also have a 06 SS that has been sitting since February and it needs about $2000 worth of work to be drivable again. Now my question is should I get the Cutty fixed or take the repair monies and sell the Cutty for whatever and get the Impala back right? I cant afford to fix them both and I need a car now to get to school and I love both vehicles dearly but I'm still paying on the Impala. This is very fraggin depressing man
Old 09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain....I had a 1996 2 - door Cutlass Supreme SL, which I loved like crazy. My gf now drives it, and I have my 07 Monte SS. For me the SS gets better gas mileage, fits me better, and has that whole V8 thing that makes it more desirable to drive.

I will miss my Cutlass Supreme a lot, but a newer car is a newer car. The more money you dump into an old car the more you lose....unless you are restoring it.....

I would part with the Olds, and fix up your Impy.

--What will cost $2,000.00 to fix?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Teching In

I feel you with the V8 thing both of my babies are V8's

Now to the business of the SS:

4 new tires (of course)
2 new wheels (oem wheels are bent and curb abused)
1 new battery
1 new front windshield
1 set of new front brake pads
1 set of new rear brake pads
1 set of new front rotors
1 Front-end alignment

And thats just the beginning...just enough to pass inspection and get it on the road.

Last edited by IWannaGoFaSSt; 09-03-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your still paying on the vehicle don't you have full converage ? can't you just get it fixed threw your insurance and wtf happened to your car ??
Old 09-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Teching In

When I registered the Cutlass, I dropped the insurance and turned in the tags on the Impala because she needed a rest and my pockets needed a rest from the high **** insurance. So I opted for liability coverage on the old school and left the Impala at my mom's house. As far as what happened to the Impala; a cab sideswiped me in November of 2006 when I brought my car in January of 2006, then in January of 2007 a 67 GTO hit me in a Autozone parking lot on a Saturday, then a uninsured lady from another part of the state was lost in the city and hit me again. The insurance covered all but my premium was $500 and I didnt have it. My apologies for the long post.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Wait a minute. The note holder on the SS doesn't require insurance on the car? Sounds *** backwards to me. Even if I want to take the car off the road...even take the plates off it...I still need to keep full coverage on the car until it's paid off.

Back to topic...really don't have that answer for you. You need a car now and the easiest way to get back behind the wheel is to drop seven bills on the cutlass. I'd suggest fixing it and slapping a FS sign on it. What's the blue book on the car?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

I guarantee you the note holder requires insurance... That would be a dumb investment if they didn't.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Teching In

In the State of Maryland, if the car is registered is has to have insurance, as far as the lien holder, full coverage is required if the vehicle is registered. No tags = no insurance required. Tags = full coverage required at all times.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IWannaGoFaSSt
When I registered the Cutlass, I dropped the insurance and turned in the tags on the Impala because she needed a rest and my pockets needed a rest from the high **** insurance. So I opted for liability coverage on the old school and left the Impala at my mom's house. As far as what happened to the Impala; a cab sideswiped me in November of 2006 when I brought my car in January of 2006, then in January of 2007 a 67 GTO hit me in a Autozone parking lot on a Saturday, then a uninsured lady from another part of the state was lost in the city and hit me again. The insurance covered all but my premium was $500 and I didnt have it. My apologies for the long post.
Even tho you didn't pay the 500$ you can still do it later. You don't have to have it fixed right then.