Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Konis on... sorta

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Konis on... sorta

Fronts are on, after what seemed like one problem after another. Took the car out for a quick drive and I could feel a nice difference with even just the fronts in. From the second of backing out of my garage and there is a small drop off of maybe 2". Normally the car would fall down and sway like a drunk, but now it falls off and recovers itself almost instantly. I'm going to try and come up with a worse explanation next time, but bottom line is I noticed a different in small behavior like that almost immediately. Backed the car out and was happy to see I lost hardly any clearance, and still don't scrape on the horrible apron my driveway has. Drove around the block and on some back roads... somewhat like I stole the car. Front seemed very confident, like it wanted to be pushed more. Sticks to the road, and reminds me very much of the Supra I used to have on coilovers. Fronts are 1/2 way in between full firm and full soft as a starting point. Rears will go in tomorrow after work. Oh and the lower perch made the car sit perfect when coupled with the hose mod. I am happy so far. Not really thrilled about the ticking my car makes but the shocks didn't do that

Need an alignment too, but that was to be expected.

-J
Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

So far so good.... Glad you can see the difference already. Wait until you get the rears in--don't worry as we discussed they are a lot easier to do.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the rear shocks after work. Put the car on a set of ramps, took the rears out, realized that compressing them into position was more trouble than it was worth. Jacked up the frame with a 4x4 piece of wood. Rears from start to finish... 30 minutes. Absolute JOKE. Didn't even have to hold the shock shaft while threading the nut on. Set to full soft for now. Car feels awesome. Direct feel, alignment is needed but it's not so far off yet. Stance is killer. Takes the bumps as I would expect (coming from a coilover equipped car that weighed a good 400lbs more, my threshold for what is "harsh" might differ from others...). Can't wait to put some miles on this weekend if we don't get F'ed with rain. I would do these first if I get another f-body down the road. Might go a click firmer in the rear... Any suggestions on that?

-J
Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Remember the "rule" I told you regarding rebound damping and how increasing effects the car??? Up to you if you want more (at either end), but I'd recommend trying it at some point.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!